Skip navigation
ARR007151
Currently Being Moderated

Upgrading from Elements 2.0 to 11.0

Jun 14, 2013 9:10 AM

I am in the process of upgrading from Elements 2.0 to Elements 11.0 AND setting up a new computer. How do I make sure I don't lose any of my photos and in which order should I do this? Do I need to install 2.0 on new computer?

thanks!

Replies
  • kglad
    72,340 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 11:57 AM   in reply to ARR007151

from, http://helpx.adobe.com/lightroom/kb/catalog-faq-lightroom.html

How do I import the catalog from my previous version of Lightroom to my current version?

#

You can open a catalog from an earlier version of Lightroom, including Lightroom Beta, in the current version of Lightroom. When you do, you must upgrade it. The old catalog remains untouched and the new, updated catalog contains all of the metadata associated the previous catalog and photos. Note: you can also find the below steps in Lightroom Help.

1. Do one of the following:

• Start the new version of Lightroom for the first time.
    • If you’ve opened this version of Lightroom previously, choose File > Open Catalog.

2. Navigate to the old catalog.lrcat file, and then click Open.

Note: If you cannot remember where the old catalog is located, search for “lrcat” in the Explorer (Windows) or Finder (Mac OS). You may also want to optimize and back up the older catalog before you upgade it.

3. If prompted, click Relaunch to close the current catalog and restart Lightroom.

4. (Optional) In the Lightroom Catalog Upgrade dialog box, change the destination for the upgraded catalog.

5. Click Upgrade.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 4:48 PM   in reply to ARR007151

There is no catalog in PSE 2. PSE 3 was the first version with organizer. The late, great file browser in PSE 2 did not contain your photos, it merely showed you the contents of the folder you pointed it at. Keywords back then were real metadata keywords written direclty into the file.

I don't understand the comments about lightroom. Nowhere in your post do you say you have it, and it's a completely different program.

You will need to back up your photos like any other files. If you want to use the PSE 11 organizer, once you have the new computer all set up, start the organizer and go to file>get photos>from files and folders.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points