Skip navigation
adriancb
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge not deleting loaded images from camera

Jun 14, 2013 10:57 AM

Tags: #bridge #camera #cs6

Hi Adobe et all

Bridge has started to not delete the files from my camera once loaded into Bridge.

Camera is Canon 60D and has operated fine since going Creative Cloud, re the deleting process.

I would say about 5 weeks ago noticed that although the Delete Files was checked (once loaded) it now does not work. Have tried unchecking and then rechecking - worked a few times but now doesn't want to know.

Any ideas anyone - bug or an overflow somewhere?

Regards crotchertywouldlikeittowork

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 11:04 AM   in reply to adriancb

adriancb wrote:

Bridge has started to not delete the files from my camera once loaded into Bridge.

This is a bad idea.  You should use a card reader to download picutres, and  confirm that all images are on your HD.  Put card back in camera and format.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 3:18 PM   in reply to adriancb

Any ideas anyone - bug or an overflow somewhere?

I can only repeat and support Curt. I really hope this would be as designed, to my opinion it should not only be impossible to use Photodownloader doing so, it also should be forbidden to do so on import.

It is a bad idea to use other then in camera software to delete your files (use the camera menu for the delete all if you wish so) but I prefer to always format the card in Camera to start up with a clean card.

Mind you, you really should not delete files from cards nor format cards before you are sure your files are all OK on your system and if you have made at least one proper back up of the files on a separate disk.

Not only first check the thumbs being build correctly in the Bridge Content Panel. Also randomly check files in Bridge by selecting the thumbs and see if the previews are build in HQ. Thumbs often reflect the embedded jpeg, preview reflects the original jpeg or Raw file.

CF cards are very cheap nowadays, also an extra HD is not expensive. Your precious files should be treated careful, deleting them on download using Photodownloader is very dangerous. You won't be the first to discover your files not being imported correctly while at the same time being deleted from the card...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points