Skip navigation
kevinljohnston
Currently Being Moderated

H&J violations: bright blue vs. dark blue vs. black background

Jun 14, 2013 12:06 PM

Tags: #cs5

After turning on H&J violations (under Edit, Preferences, Composition), text with H&J violations is highlighted yellow as it should. When I select the highlighted text to apply tracking changes, the selection turns to bright-blue-over-white-text, which turns to a dark-blue-over-white-text when the violation is not as pronounced, and eventually to black-over-white-text when the violation is resolved. My issue is that the dark-blue-over-white is difficult to discern from black-over-white.

Admittedly, I may too fussy on this, but when doing large amounts of tracking changes, it slows me down (and hurts my eyes) to squint to determine if the selection is dark-blue-over-white-text, or black-over-white-text, and thus resolved.  Any way to change the default color for the dark blue background so it's more contrasting to black background when the H&J violation is resolved?

If there's an answer here, maybe it would help someone else also.  Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 12:44 PM   in reply to kevinljohnston

You haven't said what platform you're using, or what InDesign version. The issue is that InDesign CS6 and earlier have inversed the color when the text is selected, like this:

IDCS6.jpg

At least on the Mac, using InDesign CC (due out in a week), the highlighting routines have been changed because of the code re-write. It now looks like this:

InDesignCC.jpg

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points