Skip navigation
waywardmuse
Currently Being Moderated

Why is Organizer "deleting" partial audio on video clips?

Jun 14, 2013 2:22 PM

Tags: #audio #dropped #disappear #waveforms #organizer_11

I just installed Premiere Elements and Photoshop Elements 11 a few weeks ago on my Mac desktop (Intel dual processor, OS X 10.6.8 - Snow Leopard).  I am working with both standard definition and high definition clips from Panasonic camcorders.  It doesn't matter what format -- when imported into the organizer it loses about half of the audio.  The clip retains the video and audio lines, but the audio mysteriously "drops out" about half way through the clip.  This can actually be seen in expert view -- the audio waveforms just disappear and the line goes flat even though the original clip outside of Organizer still has audio.  I tried capturing through both Premiere and through Adobe Bridge which is the downloader I previously used.  It doesn't matter -- when the clip goes into the Organizer, part of the audio disappears.  I've got plenty of space on my hard drive and more than enough ram, so I have no idea why it's doing this.  It's very frustrating because I was so looking forward to being able to tag video clips again.  Photos import beautifully without a hitch.  It's just the video clips with audio that have this problem.  Again, I checked the clips on the camera -- audio is fully intact.  Even after uploading with Adobe Bridge the audio is intact.  But the minute it goes into Organizer, it gets messed up.  Any idea why this is happening?  Please help!  Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 3:14 PM   in reply to waywardmuse

The most common cause for Audio to become truncated, i.e. drop-out at a certain point, is a failure to Conform the Audio 100%.

However, this can occur, when one Imports an AV file into Premiere. I have never read of it happening in Organizer, so am stumped as to what would be happening there.

For more info on Conforming Audio, see this article, but I do not know how it would apply to Organizer, which just reads the file from the HDD: http://forums.adobe.com/message/3892177#3892177

I hope that others have something more useful to offer.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 4:41 PM   in reply to waywardmuse

waywardmuse

I realize your interest in the Organizer for tagging your files. But from a troubleshooting perspective, I would ask:

If you import any one of these files in question from its hard drive save location into Premiere Elements 11 Mac using Add Media/Files and Folders/Project Assets and dragging the file to the Timeline Expert view, can the video on V1 be seen and the audio on A1 be heard without issue?

You offer that you are working with standard and HD footage from a Panasonic camera. Could you please tell us the video and audio properties of these files involved as well as their file extension? What is the duration of a typical file that will not play back in the Organizer?

What players do you have installed on your computer with Premiere Elements 11?

Let us start here and then review the situation.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points