Skip navigation
TansySue
Currently Being Moderated

Download and install the updates manually

Jun 14, 2013 1:39 PM

Tags: #windows_7 #update #error_code #photoshop_cs6 #installation_failed

I have just purchased Photoshop CS6 and ran the updater from within Photoshop. I know some of the updates worked but not all. So I ran it again 3 or 4 attempts now have failed with this message:-

It has failed to install -

Extension Manager 6.0.6 Update

with the error message -
Installation failed. Error Code: U44M1P7

I have found a solution on the forum-

Download and install the updates manually. Go to http://www.adobe.com/downloads/updates and download the update that you are trying to install.

There is no update available there which refers to Extension Manager 6.0.6 Update

I opened the Adobe Application Manager and run it for updates, it reports I'm good - no updates!  But when I then try for an update from within Photoshop I still get the same message telling me I need to instal ExtensionManager 6.0.6 Update

I have tried to find the error log from within my system - but failed misserably (I am on Windows 7-64)

So please, where do I go from here?  Do I need Extension Manager? What does it do? Is it vital I install this update?

Replies
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,898 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 14, 2013 4:21 PM   in reply to TansySue

Yep.  Exactly the same experience for me.  Also Win 7 64.   This was only for the main Photoshop update though.  Everything else worked fine via the Applications Manager.  I'm hoping it will go more smoothly on Monday - that's a lot of applications to messing about with otherwise.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 4:53 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Something really weird with the latest update for us poor perpetual license users.

Tried to install the upate and received a bunch of error codes U44MP17 on the first try, U44MP27 on the second (go figure why the error code changed) then tried the manual update - that failed as well arrgh!!!!

Now checking for updates, Help/Updates it tells me that the only update outstanding is ACR8.1 - weird I thought as about is reporting 13.0 - so checked the binaries and Photoshop.exe (64 bit) shows a date of 6/11/2013 so although I received errors it looks like the update maybe, sorta took.

The other binaries with the 6/11/13 date are

AdobeOwl.dll

AdobePDF.dll

AlignmentLib.dll

AGM.dll

Cooltype.dll

TFKGEOM.dll

All works OK but a tad confused as to why this may have happened - but given the robustness of AAM maybe I am not surprised. 

Holding off with the ACR8.1 update until next week, I have a wedding shoot tomorrow - cannot afford to fall back or reinstall anything

So can anyone confirm that my update really took?

So Trevor, what is so special about Monday?

Mike

PS checked the 32 bit binaries and they have a different set of binary updates

TFKernal.dll

PSArt.dll

AGM.dll

image_compiler.dll

PSViews.dll

AlignmentLib.dll

CIT.dll

Photoshop.exe

Cooltype.dll

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,898 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 14, 2013 6:38 PM   in reply to MikeKPhoto

But isn't 8.1 restricted to Photoshop CC? Or at least to CC subscribers?  As the full Photoshop CC is not available until Monday, I can only have CS6, and Help > About Plugins > Camera RAW is showing 8.1.0.43  I am not sure of its functionality.  I have a ruler icon for Straighten, but my Spot removal tool will not let me brush a free hand shape.

[EDIT]  I should have mentioned that I do have a full CC subscription.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 7:03 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

ACR 8.1 is availible to CS6 perpetual licence holders.  But have see a few threads where the download does not go well.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,898 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 14, 2013 9:40 PM   in reply to Curt Y

Curt any idea what I am doing wrong with the new healing brush thingie then? And the Auto straighten tool.  Seems to me that they are there in CS6 with 8.1, but non functional.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 10:29 PM   in reply to Curt Y

That's why I am holding off on upgrading to this version of ACR  - Once bitten twice shy

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 10:30 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Dennis - it is available to us Perp Users, I am guessing this version of ACR was released to provide operability and compatibility with the just released LR5

Mike

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points