Skip navigation
GRAFXNTIME
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver cs3 email link

Jun 14, 2013 7:30 PM

Website's made with a link to an email address (mailto:email address). The link isn't working but on the website it shows as it reads... mailto:email address. Please HELP!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 7:35 PM   in reply to GRAFXNTIME

Do you have a link to the page? Otherwise we're just guessing as to what it is.

A mail link should look like this:

<a href="mailto:email@domain.com"><text here</a>

If you want to "preload" a subject line, then it looks like this:

<a href="mailto:email@domain.com?subject=Website_Contact">text here</a>

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 14, 2013 9:25 PM   in reply to GRAFXNTIME

That code is a jumble. You've got a lot of things that could be "cleaned up".  You've got inline styles on every page, and that makes each page look different - not a good design choice.

The email link doesn't show because you put the Footer outside of the content wrapper.

Take the </div> before the footer tag, and move it to after it.

</div>

<div class="style7" id="footer">© 2013 Jasmine Cafe. Visualized &amp; Realized by <a href="mailto:mail@gmail.com" class="style7">EBishopDesigns</a>.</div>

should be

<div class="style7" id="footer">© 2013 Jasmine Cafe. Visualized &amp; Realized by <a href="mailto:mail@gmail.com" class="style7">EBishopDesigns</a>.</div>

</div>

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 11:05 AM   in reply to GRAFXNTIME

PHP is a server side scripted page. In other words, there is something on the page that runs on the server instead of on the "client" side, like a login, or a form that is processed using visitor input, through a script on the server and delivers a result back.

Either will work in a browser if properly written, but unless you have something that requires PHP, you really don't need to use PHP pages where they can be plain HTML.

As to your layout questions: you've got an image that is set to "cover" or fill the entire viewport, regardless of size. You've got a fixed width wrapper and then you set a fixed margin on the left and top. You then designed the layout for a full screen very large viewport. When I look at the page in full screen on my 1920 X 1080 monitor, it looks great. As I reduce the size of my browser window, things get "mashed up" and jumbled all over the place as they adapt to the new size. Part of that is that you used the background image as part of the finished design, with the logo and red block in the middle. That won't work with a "cover" image,  since it resizes with the viewport.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points