Skip navigation
adobephili
Currently Being Moderated

Line 21 not available for this stream type

Jun 14, 2013 5:21 PM

I'm trying to use an avi file with closed captions. I tried an avi with Microsoft 1 codec and then with Cinepak. Also tried an mov file and an uncompressed avi. No luck with any. What can I do to fix this?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 7:16 PM   in reply to adobephili

What specifically are you doing? You've added the file to Encore as a timeline?

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/encore/cs/using/WS10C7FD4F-0F5C-40f6-BDB2- 6D1AD9D301E9a.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 7:18 AM   in reply to adobephili

I don't use scc files, but try exporting from PPro as MPEG2-DVD and import the 2 files (video and audio) in Encore

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 8:05 PM   in reply to adobephili

As an FYI, it looks like the problem was that I had to transcode the DVD first before I could see it.

In the link above to Encore SCC:

"Closed captions that you add to your DVD project will only appear on the final DVD; they do not appear in Encore, in either the Monitor panel or Project Preview window."

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 7:30 AM   in reply to adobephili

adobephili wrote:

I’ve used an uncompressed avi, a compressed avi with Microsoft 1 codec, an mov and a compressed avi with Cinepak codec which by the way didn’t even want to load to a timeline.

Any ideas?

Yes - do not use CinePak codec. Always try to use a lossless AVI codec, such as Lagarith instead.

Also, do not reply overmuch on the preview mode, as it is an approximation, and a lot of things simply will not be the same on the final multiplexed disc. This is important to keep in mind, as the preview mode is trying to work with the assets as loaded, not as they will be when multiplexed. A lot of sync type issues will also go away when you compile.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points