Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Music clips disappearing

Jun 14, 2013 9:02 PM

Tags: #elements_ #premier_ #8_audio_problems

I now have a new problem with Premier Elements. I have added all of my audio clips and they show up on the audio timeline but on playback I have an audio clip that will not play back. When one of them did that I finally added it to audio 3 and that seemed to correct that problem, than it is showing up at random. I save and close the program and the clip that was not being played plays BUT than a totally different clip show up with the same problem. I restarted the program the problem with the previous two clips was resolved so I thought great  I can go ahead and burn to disc. I did that and now on the disc a whole new audio clip on playback is missing!! What is going on?? I could see if it was with just one clip I could correct it but it is a random happening?! Help or suggestions would be great.  Thanks

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 14, 2013 9:18 PM   in reply to AuroraAz

AuroraAz

It is getting late where I am so I will give you some quick questions and will check in the light of day to see what is happening.

1. If you start a new project, does the problem exist in the new as well as the old project?

2. What are the properties, including file extensions, of these audio clips that are on that Timeline?

3. What is the size of this project, what else is on that Timeline (video, audio, narration, soundtrack)? What is your project preset?

ATR

Add On...Did I ask my typical Premiere Elements 8 questions...

a. Are you working from the Premiere Elements 8.0.1 Update?

b. Do you have the automatic Background Rendering and AutoAnalzyer features turned Off. Those two are major causes of problems in version 8 even with the 8.0.1 Update. The AutoAnalyzer is shut Off in Elements Organizer workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalyzer Options (all of them); and, Background Rendering should have been shut Off by the 8.0.1 Update installation. But verify that Background Rendering is Off nonetheless via Premiere Elements workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/General.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 10:37 AM   in reply to AuroraAz

AuroraAz

First the setup information.

(a) To shut off the AutoAnalyzer feature you have to go to the Elements Organizer part of the program. To do that, you click on Organizer Tab in the row below the selected Organize Header. That opens the Elements Organizer where you go to the Edit Menu/Preferences/AutoAnalyzer Options to turn them all off. To get back to the Premiere Elements workspace from the Elements Organizer workspace, you go to the Elements Organizer File Menu/Exit.

(b) If you have installed the 8.0.1 Update, that Update should have shut off the automatic Background Rendering feature found via Premiere Elements workspace Edit Menu/Preferences/General. Check anyway. Unfortunately, when the 8.0.1 Update installs it does not leave any "8.0.1". Essentially you know that it is installed

a. Installed Successfully at the end of the install

and

b. automatic Background Rendering feature which had been set for on is now set for off.

Check Premiere Elements workspace Help Menu/Updates to see if there is the 8.0.1 Update there waiting to be updated.

There is always the online route of

http://www.adobe.com/support/downloads/detail.jsp?ftpID=4653

With your further details, first thing that caught my attention were those 148 photos. What are the pixel dimensions of each? This could be the important factor. So, let us get this out of the way. What do your computer resources look like, such as available RAM and free hard drive space?

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 10:44 AM   in reply to AuroraAz

Let's look at a few things:

1. MP3's (that is the file format) can be problematic. Some work, but some do not. I always convert any MP3 source material to PCM/WAV @ 48KHz 16-bit, and Import those into my Project. As you are having issues with particular MP3's, that is something that you might want to consider - you would just convert, in say the great, free Audacity, Import it/them into the Project, and just replace the one(s), that are giving you a problem. First, however, I would propose a test, which follows.
    2. Open the Audio Mixer, and play that Timeline. Watch the sliders for your various Audio Tracks. Do any of them move on their own during playback? Also check that no Audio Tracks are Muted (little checkbox below the sliders). The reason for this is the Audio Mixer adds Track Keyframes to adjust Volume or Balance. If they have been added, even if you replace Clips on that Track, they will still have an effect.

Report your observations with the Audio Mixer, and if the sliders do not move, and no Track is Muted, then I wouild consider # 1.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 4:20 PM   in reply to AuroraAz

AuroraAz

Regarding

1. When I burnt the first DVD with the missing music clip when it played to the "end" it went back to the beginning, the disc menu. However on the subsequent successful DVD it does not do that, it just goes "black" and than if I leave the disc in long enough it plays back to the disc menu. What does one do to get it to revert back immediately?

The return to the main menu occurs when the end of the content has been reached or until a stop marker within the Timeline content is encountered. In the case where you get black video for a while before the return to the main menu suggests to me that you have something unknowingly placed beyond what you consider to be the end of the content. Have you looked for an obvious file that could have been placed to the far right of the Timeline content end or, if you expand the Timeline with the -+ slider over the Timeline, do you see any slivers which might present as one or more thin vertical black lines scattered about the Timeline?

Looking into the types, numbers, and placement of your Timeline markers may be necessary.

Regarding

2. When I do a manual rendering the line goes from red to green, but than on further use without do any editing some areas that were green go back to red. Why does it do that?

Whenever you see red line over the Timeline content, that is the program telling you that you do not have the best possible preview of that Timeline content as it is viewed in the Edit Mode Monitor. The red typically followed each of your edits/rendering/edits. Green is the program's indicator for you are getting the best possible preview. You can selectively rendered the Timeline content (red line content) by setting the tiny gray tabs of the WorkAreaBar to span just the area to be rendered. Any changes in content will trigger the program to offer the red line with all its implications.

Regarding

3. Lastly for this go round, I set scene markers and if I am not careful they get shifted to a different clip, is there any way to get them so they "stay" without one selecting that they be moved?

Make sure that you have enough space between markers. Do not put a stop marker at the end of the last file on the Timeline. They do not move once place. Again make sure of the spacing of a few seconds between each. Two menu markers cannot occupy the same spot. Maybe give us an idea of your menu marker lineup. By any chance are you using "motion buttons" for any of the scene markers?

Thanks for the follow up. That was good news about audio problems resolving.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 5:03 PM   in reply to AuroraAz

AuroraAz

Great job finding those slivers. They can cause all sorts of problems in the workflow.

We will be watching for your progress.

Thanks for the follow up. Sounding good.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 9:41 PM   in reply to AuroraAz

AuroraAz

1. Probably the DVD-VIDEO Standard would lend itself to less problems with photo sizing, and it does not depend on the TV DVD player recognizing a 16:9 flag to stretch the video for display after encoding. But, there are TV DVD Player adjustments that you should be able to make. So, I would look into that aspect of the playback. Depending on the TV DVD player, you can get some marvelous enhancement of DVD-VIDEO standard or widescreen playback. Please check the TV DVD player settings, and we can talk about this some more next time.

2. I am not a "beat detection" person. I have no sense of beats. I had a relative who is a professional musician try to help me with this. We both gave up on me and detecting beats. I should revisit that one of these days. SG the forum moderator I believe has discussed this feature in various places.

3. You render the Timeline when you want to know that you are getting the best possible preview of the Timeline playback in the Edit Mode monitor. This is particularly useful when working with transitions, effects, titles, and non native format content. You do not have to do this type of rendering but it is your window of opportunity to catch a problem sooner than later.

4. Unlinking and linking clips is fairly straight forward. From the Timeline right click - pop up level to using the Clip Menu and the unlink and link option there. Were you always sure that you had the correct clips highlighted if you used the Clip Menu route? Did you determine if that issue was specific to one project or happening all the time with new and old projects? See if you can identify a pattern of occurence.

It is getting later where I am so I will sign off. Please do not hesitate to ask if you need clarification on anything that I have written. I will be back later in the morning to look for further developments.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points