Skip navigation
vaudoo7
Currently Being Moderated

How to desactivate photoshop cs6 ?

Jun 15, 2013 2:11 AM

Tags: #cs6

I want to uninstall/reinstall photoshop cs6.

When trying to desactivate it, it asks me to connect to the internet.

But I am connected and the other help menus of photoshop (update search, customer ervice help...) connect to the internet without any problem.

Only desactivation fails to connect. Norton Firewall is defined with adobe photoshop and adobe appl manager authorized. Thanks for help.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2013 2:18 AM   in reply to vaudoo7

Can't tell you why that is happening, but what I am able to tell you is that you DO NOT have to deactivate when you plan to reinstall the application on the same computer and hard drive.

As a matter of fact, you shouldn't deactivate; you'd just be wasting one of the limited number of reactivations that Adobe allows you.

|
    Mark as:
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,829 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 15, 2013 3:44 AM   in reply to station_two

station_two wrote:

Can't tell you why that is happening, but what I am able to tell you is that you DO NOT have to deactivate when you plan to reinstall the application on the same computer and hard drive.

As a matter of fact, you shouldn't deactivate; you'd just be wasting one of the limited number of reactivations that Adobe allows you.

Surely you are allowed two 'current' active installations regardless.  If what you are saying is true, then all these people who have vowed never to move beyond a CS6 perpetual license will eventually find even that no longer works.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,977 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jun 15, 2013 3:53 AM   in reply to station_two

If your just going to reinstall Photoshop you do not need to deactivate however if your are going to reinstall your OS. First you must deactivate Photoshop for Photoshop's activation files will be deleted when you reinstall your OS.  Deactivation should work if Adobe Activation Servers are up and working and you have a valid activation.  Logon to your Adobe User ID and check your Adobe Products.  Your copy of Photoshop should be listed and you should be able to retrieve your products serial number.   Photoshop is registered to your Adobe account during activation.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 5:59 PM   in reply to Trevor Dennis

Trevor.Dennis wrote:

Surely you are allowed two 'current' active installations regardless.  If what you are saying is true, then all these people who have vowed never to move beyond a CS6 perpetual license will eventually find even that no longer works.

There is no doubt that there is a limit of the number of allowed re-activations. 

You can contact Adobe customer service to verify that and to see what the current limit is—wich at this time I think it's four (4).  Beyond that you have to go through Adobe customer service to ask for one additional reactivation, kind of like asking the Pope for a "dispensation" or something.

If you think about it, it's a reasonable protection Adobe seeks against users installing the application on several (more than 2) computers and then deactivating and reactivating one or more.

The point you've just brought up hadn't crossed my mind yet, but it's definitely worthy of consideration and it certainly fits in with the unconscionably leonine, one-sided and abusive terms of the subscription contract Adobe has published.

Yup, that would be a dandy, maybe-legal-if-unethical way of forcing more users into the cloud. 

JJMack in post #3 very timely reminds us of the ephemeral nature of Adobe Activation Servers.  Perhaps Adobe would have a minimum of decency and provide alternative serial numbers and modofied downloads if they decide to decommission this server too, like what they did when they deprecated the CS2 activation server; but, again, given their abusive nature as revealed in their cloud contract, this may turn out to be mere wishful thinking. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 5:54 PM   in reply to JJMack

JJMack wrote:

…however if your are going to reinstall your OS. First you must deactivate Photoshop for Photoshop's activation files will be deleted when you reinstall your OS…

Thanks for the clarification, JJ.  It's critically important for Windows users, as I don't believe you guys have an equivalent of the Mac's "Archive and Install" OS X option.

I thought the activation server detected the machine (CPU), not just the HD, but I can easily be wrong on that, as there are conflicting reports.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points