Skip navigation
Mike_2508
Currently Being Moderated

Audio channel spliting and relinking???

Jun 15, 2013 5:20 AM

Tags: #problem #help #effects #audio #sequence #media #project #timeline #stereo #mono #premiere_pro_cs6 #stereo_split #audio_restore

Hy folks,

last week I got an annoying problem or maybe I didn't know how this function works or if it's even possible.

I'm a convinced premiere CS6 user but some features are better in Final Cut - sorry that I have to admit it.
Why??

Last week I got an Premiere CS6 project to finish up (it was already edited 90%). I recognized this sequence got 1 Audio track with an L and R channel and just the R channel was useful (the L was trash).
I just couldn't throw the L channel away. I had to go back to the project window, modify the clips, place the R channel beneath the stereo channel, sync all the audio tracks manually and then replace the stereo track with the R channel. It worked, but I had to wast time to fix that. There could be an easier solution in my opinion.

First I tried in the timeline to deactivate the L channel and than (like in final cut) pushing a slider from the R side to the center that the R mono channel is balanced to right and left equally, BUT there was no such slider. Something like this would be a big future improvement and a time saver if you set up a project in a non useful way .

My question is: Is there an easy way (I don't know yet) to split a stereo channel into 2 mono channels in the timeline? OR, can I balance the right or left channel after turning off one channel (so the output isn't just on one side)?

Another question: After syncing MANUALLY the audio clips again, I wondered if there is a feature where I can relink an audio clip (the same or in this case the momo clip (coming from the same AV-clip)) to the video clip after deleting it???
Because sometimes you delete an audio clip (from an AV-file) and later you recognize this was a bad mistake - and you have no IN and OUT points set on the source file so you can just overwrite the clips? A feature like right click on the video clip and restore audio file from this video clip, and if you got an L/J edit for instance an window pops up and ask you if you want fill the empty audio space on the track (J/L edit stay untouched) or overwrite it and the video and audio clip have the same length???

Is there a feature somthing like that I don't know???

Because sometimes you work on a project with a few people and they are doing something what makes your life harder or a director/producer changes there mind like I'm faced everyday???

Thanks in advance for helping and for clarifying!!!

BR

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2013 4:57 PM   in reply to Mike_2508

There could be an easier solution in my opinion.

There is.  Just add a track level Fill Right effect in the Mixer.  Maybe five seconds worth of work (if you're lazy about it ).

a feature where I can relink an audio clip to the video clip after deleting it?

Match frame the video.  This will open the clip in the Source Monitor with In/Out points set.  From there you can just drag down the audio and relink it to the video.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points