Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Elements 11 Navigation Controls

Jun 15, 2013 10:17 AM

First of all, let me say that I love PE11 and have used it for hours and hours. There's one aspect though that drives me insane.

The navigation controls (left and right arrows at bottom of timeline) have a mind of their own. I know all about how the system likes to keep the pointer on the visible timeline, but that has nothing to do with PE11 zooming the timeline to the right or left if only I happen to accidentally move my cursor over the right and left arrows. By the time I see what has happened, the area I was working on has disappeared and I spend the next few minutes shifting the timeline to where I left off.

Am I doing something wrong? Is there a setting I messed up or is this an out-and-out bug?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2013 1:17 PM   in reply to Beau2013

What operating system are you working with? It's not a Mac with a Retina display is it?

Some people -- particularly on Macs -- are experiencing the "runaway timeline" you describe.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 5:52 AM   in reply to Beau2013

I'm sorry, I have no solution for you. I'm running this program on a Windows 7 64-bit machine and I'm not seeing behavior anything like this. Maybe someone else knows of it and/or a solution.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 6:56 AM   in reply to Beau2013

Check the nvidia downloads site to see if the current graphics driver (latest version is 320.18 dated 23rd May) is newer than your installed version. If not update it and see if that helps.

Also check that you haven't got any accelerator actions assigned in your mouse driver software.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points