Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Need some help: About DVD/BD authoring in Encore 5.1

Jun 15, 2013 11:50 AM

Tags: #error #settings #playback #encode #dvd #transcoding #building

Hello everyone,

I am new to Adobe Encore 5.1 (newly switched to)

I was wondering if anyone could help me with problems that i am currently dealing with.

I made some dvd everything works great in my laptop and dvd player, but when i sent those dvds to my favorite in America, she is telling that dvds aren't playing on her player there.

before creating my projects i did a little bit of research for creating dvds NTSC specifically that could be playble in US, but i guess it wasn't enough.

Anyways, all default footages were recorded in PAL system and I edited and converted them to NTSC system with Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10.0 application.

For dvd menus, I used Sony DVD Architect Studio 5.0 again NTSC default setting, from what i understood was that, DVD Architect studio creates free region and i didnt find any option for selecting region 1, 2 or 3, like Encore 5.1.

it seems to be a bit complicated or something, i need to make the things right. and i need your help.

I have another question, is it possible to make all your editings in Sony vegas and use Encore 5.1 for dvd or blu ray authoring.

Thank you very much.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2013 12:25 PM   in reply to grungesocial
    is it possible to make all your editings in Sony vegas and use Encore 5.1 for dvd or blu ray authoring.

Yes.

Anyways, all default footages were recorded in PAL system and I edited and converted them to NTSC system with Sony Vegas Movie Studio HD Platinum 10.0 application.

So one possibility is that they are not correct NTSC. Make a very short test sample of the video and put it in an Encore NTSC project with no menu. Make it first play. Build to an iso image. You can post that so we can burn and test it.

If she was able to play the menu, but not the movie, that's good. If not, you can also post the psd of the menu for us to test.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 5:16 AM   in reply to grungesocial

If some are working and some are not, that makes troubleshooting different.

So either the disk works for her, menus and movies, or the disk gives an error (what specific error: "unknow format" or what?).

What happens when you put one of the "bad" disks in your bluray player?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 8:00 AM   in reply to grungesocial

Okay. But I want to now what happens when you put one of those in YOUR player.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 8:23 AM   in reply to grungesocial

You do not mention Windows or Mac... but something to try IF you are on Windows

Create a DVD output ISO file or set your DVD output to a folder on your hard drive and then use the FREE http://www.imgburn.com/index.php?act=download to write files or folders or ISO to disc for DVD or BluRay (send the author a PayPal donation if you like his program)

Imgburn will read the ACTUAL disc brand from the disc, which is not always the same as the box label (Memorex is notorious for buying "anything" and putting it inside a Memorex box)

When you write to disc with Imgburn, use the SLOWEST possible speed setting, so your burner has the best chance to create "good, well formed" laser burn holes... since no DVD player is required to read a burned disc, having a "good" one from a high quality blank will help

Use Taiyo Yuden single layer or Verbatim Two layer Or Falcon Pro for inkjet printable Two layer

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points