Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Necessary to save a new preset EVERY time I make any changes to export settings?...

Jun 15, 2013 3:32 PM

Tags: #settings #export #presets #preset #share #publish

As the title says - must I create a new preset every single time I make any minor tweaks to export ("publish+share") settings? Say that I'm exporting numerous different videos, many with different picture sizes, and I just want to alter those parameters when I go to export each individual video. I have to save EVERY single itteration of settings that I make? I can't just make my settings, export, and be done with it (as in Premiere Pro; well, older versions at least)? Any way to get around it?

Thank you!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2013 4:01 PM   in reply to dimelives

dimelives

There is no "Quick Save" feature in the share section such as in Premiere Elements 8.0/8.0.1, but you can create customized presets under the Advanced Button/VIdeo and Audio Tabs of the preset /Export Settings dialog and save those settings so that they appear as a choice in the drop down list under Presets: in many of the export  choices. Have you seen that feature?

Please let us know if I have targeted you question or, if I should post screenshots to demo.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 4:40 AM   in reply to dimelives

I don't know of a way around that. If you tweak a setting it does always ask you to save it before it's used.

Cheers,
    --
    Neale
    Insanity is hereditary, you get it from your children.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 5:43 AM   in reply to dimelives

But isn't the whole point to being able to save your customized output as a new preset to save you having to create a customized output each time?

I've created a few Publish & Share output presets -- and I like the fact that I only need to do it once. Then the preset is always there for me.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points