Skip navigation
paus akid
Currently Being Moderated

Premire Pro CS6 crashes every time I multitask away from it

Jun 15, 2013 4:24 PM

Tags: #crash

Just like the topic says, every time I swtich to another application besides Premire Pro CS6, the application freezes/crashes. I get the following error message:

Adobe Premire Pro CS6 has stopped working. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is availible.

Windows 8 machine w/ a Matrox MX02 connected.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2013 4:25 PM   in reply to paus akid

I'd start by removing everything Matrox - hardware, software, drivers, everything.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 4:43 PM   in reply to paus akid

You could ask in the Matrox forums, see if they have any clues.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 1:11 AM   in reply to paus akid

Get a faster PC.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 2:10 AM   in reply to paus akid

This certainly sounds like a PC hardware shortfall, as Harm suggests.

One thing is cetain it has nothing to do with your Matrox card or its drivers.  There is no point denying that in the past a number of users had problems with Matrox, but I have been a user for over a decade, and the very few problems that I have ever encountered have been Wiondows installation related, or due to Adobe features/bugs/deliberate mistakes, but then I have always takne care to use suitably powerful hardware.  It is unfortunate that these allegations against Adobe continue to surface now that they and Adobe have got their collective acts together.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 11:10 AM   in reply to paus akid

my machine is a 6 core amd phenom ii clocked at 2.8ghz w/ 4gb of ram and an ssd main drive. sure i could spring for more ram but overall the system is quite performant.

It may depend on your frame of refrence, but possibly around 30-150 times slower than a fast Intel based PC does not sound like quite performant.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 4, 2013 3:31 AM   in reply to paus akid

This is not Matrox-related.

I can replicate this exact issue, PPro CC and NI Komplete Audio 6 with latest drivers: switching back to PPro during multitasking results in immediate exit without saving or recovery, never had any Matrox hardware attached.

The problem only occurs with the NI drivers, but since the drivers themselves don't crash the machine, it's still Premiere's behavior that seems to be the problem.

A workaround is to install and select the ASIO4All drivers, which also work with the Komplete Audio 6 and lets you avoid WDM.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points