Skip navigation
Shutterbug
Currently Being Moderated

Encore CS5

Jun 15, 2013 1:59 PM

Tags: #authoring #templates

Authoring templates do not include play movie or scene selection?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 15, 2013 2:35 PM   in reply to Shutterbug

They include buttons for this, and regular (for play movie) and submenu (for scene selection). But you must link  your movie timelines to the buttons.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 3:08 PM   in reply to Shutterbug

Are you saying something is not as it should be? And if so, which template? I'll take a look.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 3:25 PM   in reply to Shutterbug

Interesting. The Beach templates are different from most others: the "main" Beach menu does not have a button to link to the submenu. It is almost like this one a 3 vacation submenu, and the submenu, the same, with thumbnails.

In any event, it is the odd one out.

The Beach BG is a background image only, not a template.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 15, 2013 3:26 PM   in reply to Shutterbug

I do not think there are any more. If you have the backgrounds, you probably have what used to be the "Resource Central," and that is all the Encore content.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 8:25 AM   in reply to Stan Jones

There are, or at least WERE additional Menu PSD's available, though not from Adobe. There was a UK company, that had a rather large portfolio of Menu PSD's for purchase, though, IIRC, most were of a wedding theme.

Also, Jon Geddes' PreComposed has many active AE Menus for purchase, as well.

Many users just sort through the Library Menus (and Buttons), to find a structure, that works in their Project, and then use Photoshop (though Encore can modify Menus too) to customize that structure, to suit their needs. Over the years, I have customized many of the Library Templates, and Saved many, for later use in similar Projects. If one understands the building blocks of the Menu PSD's, Photoshop makes that operation very easy.

I also find it useful to study the construction of other Library Templates, for graphic design ideas, and will often press those ideas into use, on other Library Templates, with a structure, that works for me. I also rely on several DVD Menu graphic design books, for ideas. Most do not go into great detail on the mechanics of the construction, but more on the graphic design of the Menus - still, they get me thinking. Many commercial DVD's are great resources for ideas of what you think works well, both graphically and mechanically.

Good luck,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points