Skip navigation
zlloyd
Currently Being Moderated

Make Flash CS5.5 Movie play through one time

Jun 15, 2013 11:30 PM

Tags: #flash_professional #flash_cs5.5

I have created a movie in Flash Professional CS5.5 which has two scenes in it, and I want iot to only play through a single time and then stop....

I opened it originally as a Flash Project, completed the first scene which was an opening screne with a company logo on it, and then a second scene which is product placement images for the department. I have tried creating a new layer, and adding an action to the last keyframe by opening the action tab, and typing in stop();

Unfortunately, this does not seem to do anything really, and I am confused here. If someone could PLEASE explain to me how to insert a break at the end of scene two, I will be eternally indebted!!

Oh yeah, and thanks in advance....

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2013 5:45 AM   in reply to zlloyd

Placing the stop() at the end of the timeline is the correct approach.  Do you have any other code at work that might be overriding that stop()?  That is the usual suspect.  Another cause could be an error in the coding is causing things to fail any of the coding commands.

To place the stop at the end of the scene you should only need to have the Actions panel open -> select the frame on the timeline where you want it to stop -> and type the stop(); command in the Actions panel.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2013 3:46 PM   in reply to zlloyd

None that I know of.  I would recommend against using scenes, but if you have no other code then that recommendation is less meaningful.  Scenes are better off when used for strict animation, designs that have no code involved.

The stop() will work, you have to figure out what is keeping it from working.  Compiler errors are only one way of getting the stop to not work.  As I said, if you have some other code in the file it might be defeating the purpose of that stop()

(ps - your description of what you did is not exactly what I said to do)

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points