Skip navigation
frustrated13
Currently Being Moderated

Contents of Collections Disappeared (files did NOT move)

Jun 16, 2013 1:00 AM

Tags: #cs5 #bridge #collections

I am running CS5, and I just spent a few hours adding files to a new collection.  I had to reboot my computer, and when I reopened Bridge, the collection listed (0) files.  The real locations of the files are on my harddrive, and were not moved or altered in any way.

I repeated a small test: added a few files to a new collection, closed Bridge, reopened Bridge, and the files were no longer listed in the collection.  None of the help literature has suggested that you need to do anything special to save a collection once files have been added to it, but it appears that my collections are not being saved automatically when Bridge closes.

How can the contents of my collections not be emptied every time I close and reopen the program?

Replies
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2013 7:24 AM   in reply to frustrated13

How can the contents of my collections not be emptied every time I close and reopen the program?

That should not happen, there where some problems with files not being kept in the collections when having 'strange' characters like ' and ".

A collection is nothing but a bunch of aliases pointing to the real location and should be reappear after you restarted Bridge or rebooted your computer.

Try first a reset of the preferences, restart Bridge holding down option (Mac) or cntrl (Win) and choose reset preferences, then try again.

And remember, collections in Bridge are usable but still not 100 % reliable. If you put in a lot of work in a certain collection first thing to do is add the collection name also as a keyword to all the containing files and let it finish writing those keywords completely.

That assures you from an extra (and saver, because this data is written in the file itself) option to always being able to recreate your collection using the find command.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points