Skip navigation
garymanilow
Currently Being Moderated

How do you create shapes??

Jun 16, 2013 1:37 AM

http://help.adobe.com/en_US/premiereelements/using/WSB530B861-7521-479 a-8BA6-78942236B629.html

I can't understand the mumbo jumbo in those adobe tutorial things but it shows a screen shot of the thing I'm trying to navigate to, but can't find.

Thanks in advance!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2013 5:46 AM   in reply to garymanilow

Well, my book makes it clearer, if you're interested.

On the Shapes tab, you click to select a shape and then click and drag across your Monitor panel to draw that shape.

Is that not working for you?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 6:35 AM   in reply to garymanilow

garymanilow

You wrote:

but it shows a screen shot of the thing I'm trying to navigate to, but can't find.

I am interpreting your question from a different perspective based on what you have written and the link with it screenshot that you reference.

You do not seem to be asking on what to do in the Titler and its Shape section. You seem to be asking how to find the Titler which has those sections for Text, Style, Animation, and Shape.

If that is the case, you can access the Titler (consequently that Text/Style/Animation/Shape area) in two different ways:

(a) Text Menu at top of interface/and select Default Text, Default Roll, or Default Crawl

(b)  Titles & Text Tab at the bottom of the interface/General/ and select Default Text, Default Roll, or Default Crawl.

Please answer SG's question and then mine if applicable to answer that you seek.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 7:41 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Gary,

You have gotten some good information on the Shapes Tab in Titler from both Steve and ATR.

You are probably just a step away from doing exactly what you want.

First, are you using PrE 11, or an earlier version? The reason that I ask is that the Titler GUI changed with PrE 11.

When you are creating a Title, per ATR's instructions, or when you have Dbl-clicked on an existing Title, to edit that, you will invoke PrE's Titler, which is a sub-app. within PrE. In PrE 11, it is a tabbed interface, and where you want to look is the Shapes Tab (shown in that Help file), and then follow Steve's instructions to create and edit a Shape. With Styles, you can alter the Shape in many ways, such as Fill, Stroke, Drop Shadow, Glow, etc.

This shows the full PrE 11 GUI, with Titler launched, and the Shapes Tab highlighted:

PrE11_Titler_Shapes.png

In my example, I had an existing Title, Title_01, and Dbl-clicked on that, to open it in Titler. I went to the Shapes Tab (far-right), and added a white Filled Rectangle.

If you have an earlier version of PrE, than 11, let us know, as the placement of Shapes will be different.

Good luck, and hope that helps,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 7:53 AM   in reply to Bill Hunt

Hunt

Based on garymanilow prior thread, indicating use of Premiere Elements 11 coupled with reference that garymanilow posted, I addressed my comments to Premiere Elements 11 in post #2 of this thread..

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 8:10 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

Good info. I searched another thread, but did not see the version there either.

Thank you,

Hunt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 6:28 AM   in reply to garymanilow

garymanilow

Thank for the follow.up to

I think getting rid of 90% of the REC light was worth the extra 10 hours it took to preserve that section of the vid as viable. Its at 2 mins where the aquarium scene starts.

As a reference point, I am posting the link to your prior thread on the matter

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1232868?tstart=60

Very interesting and colorful footage. Did you use the same camera to shoot all the footage? If so, were you shooting 960p (1280 x 960 pixels) with a Go Pro camera or other?

Continuing success.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points