Skip navigation
Wen Le
Currently Being Moderated

How to transfer Adobe application from C:\ to D:\?

Jun 16, 2013 1:42 AM

When I download the free Adobe Reader, it automatically stores in the C:\. If possible, I would like to transfer Adobe Download Manager, Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Reader from C:\ to D:\. My D:\ has a lot of spaces while my C:\ has limited storage. What are steps of doing so?

Thank  you.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2013 2:01 AM   in reply to Wen Le

Not sure what you mean. you can choose a custom install location during the install and the download location has something to do with your browser....

Mylenium

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 2:46 AM   in reply to Wen Le

In order to "move" from C:\ to D:\ you will have to first uninstall and then reinstall in the D:\ drive.

No application should be dragged from one drive to another as there is information stored in a Registry of where several files are located (their paths or routes) in the computer drives/disks.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 3:34 AM   in reply to Wen Le

In order to select an alternate install location for Adobe Reader you need to use the full installer; download it from http://get.adobe.com/reader/enterprise/

Flash Player installs into the Windows folder; you cannot change that.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 7:25 PM   in reply to Wen Le

I don't remember if the Adobe Download Assistant has an option to select the install / download locations; you will have to try this by yourself.

Flash Player will install in your Windows folder; if it's on the C: drive, then there it will go.  But it's just a browser add-on; not really big software.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 1:31 AM   in reply to Wen Le

You cannot choose where to install Flash Player, because browser plug-ins must go to fixed folders.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 1:34 AM   in reply to Test Screen Name

Also... when you install any software, information is added to the WIndows Installer database, which is on C. Often this is a LOT of information. Really, you need to get a bigger C, you can only make very small savings by choosing software install locations.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points