Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

New window with own attached timeline

Jun 16, 2013 9:39 AM

In my animation studio all are stuck to Flash CS3 beacuse the multiple timelines, but now we are using some extensions only available for Cs5.5 and CS6, neither of both have the option of multiple timelines, so with multiple screens and lot of new windows (to have the mouth, eyes, etc always opened and for ultra fast edit and frame number location).

I was wondering why someone in Adobe decided to remove such a useful option, and if anyone knows how to have multiple timelines (extension, hidden option...)

thanx

Replies
  • kglad
    72,261 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 16, 2013 5:15 PM   in reply to cocoua

i don't recall any timeline capabilities were removed but i'm not sure what you mean by multiple timelines.  to be sure, you can nest just as many timelines with all the flash versions from cs3 to cs 6.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,261 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 20, 2013 6:18 AM   in reply to cocoua

how can you do what?  nest timelines?

if so, click insert>new symbol>movieclip and create some graphics on the new movieclip timeline.  drag that symbol from your library (window>library) to the main timeline.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,261 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 20, 2013 10:18 AM   in reply to cocoua

in cs6 you can still drag the timeline outside the ide but, i don't see how you can view different timelines simultaneously. 

how do you view different timelines concurrently in cs3?

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 20, 2013 11:02 AM   in reply to cocoua

Did you mean the Graphic Symbol Type? That hasn't been removed in CS6. Or did you mean something else, like Duplicate Window? If so, you need to be more specific. Note, I have no idea if Duplicate Window exists or not in CS6.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 21, 2013 2:28 AM   in reply to cocoua

If you mean that you want the same fla open in many windows at the same time so that you can work on different parts/clips/symbols at the same time in the same source file, in CS6 you do that under menu Windows-> Duplicate windows. On PC also keyboard shortcut Ctrl+Alt+K.

I saw that in new Flash CC you can also find that by right clicking on the tab for an open fla.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points