Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Sending Raw/Untranscoded Video to Clients

Jun 16, 2013 12:50 PM

Tags: #video #raw #data #files #to #hard #drive #downloading #moving #dropbox #clients #sending #portable

I haven't visited this topic for a while and still using FedEx/UPS to mail portable hard drives to my freelance clients when sending over raw files.  I use Dropbox when the files are small enough but I found it still takes a pretty long time for some clients to download/sync.  I know this issue relies heavily on bandwith, but is there any option coming down the pike to solve this problem of moving big data around on the internet? I would like to hear your thoughts.

Chris Thibault

CHRIS TEEBO FILMS

www.christeebo.com

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2013 6:51 PM   in reply to christeebo1

I'm not aware of anything.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 7:16 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

I haven't worked for a couple years.. but last jobs with digital cameras were mailing hard drives to post ( arri log c ).

check out asset management here.. might have info about dedicated lines or something.. but client would need it as well as you I guess..

http://www.bydeluxe.com/

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 8:51 PM   in reply to christeebo1

Maybe the new codec discussed in http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1142160 will help... someday

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 9:09 AM   in reply to John T Smith

We started to transfer RED R3D files, Prores & DNXHD MOV and Digital Cinema Packages as long as upload times are accaptable...

via 6MBit/s VPN (ca. 60GB/24h) or uploaded to our internet fileserver (hidrive pro) and send as SFTP or HTTPS Download Linkt to clients...

esp. the weekend gap Fr/Sa/Su let you transfer ca. 150GB without the need to send a physical HD by express courier...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points