Skip navigation
MUFCOK
Currently Being Moderated

Why does this keep happening?

Jun 16, 2013 2:48 PM

I've just installed PSE 11 on my PC and my wife's. Hers works fine; mine has a problem that has apparently dogged PSE for some time, without any definitive fixes -- I have to use Task Manager to stop PhotoshopElementsEditor.exe.

The typical suggestions for fixes are: 1) Create a new shortcut directly to the executable, 2) Run PSE from a new admin account. Neither of these works.

Any ideas? Please!!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2013 10:52 PM   in reply to MUFCOK

Any more info would help but just to start troubleshoot try this once:

1. Close Elements.

2. Launch the Photoshop Elements Welcome Screen and hold down ctrl + alt + shift as you click Editor.

3. Continue to hold the keys until you see a message box asking if you want to delete Photoshop Elements settings file; click Yes. Elements will open with default preferences.

you can also reset from Edit->Preferences by clicking Reset Preferences and relaunch PSE Editor.

Let me know your comments.

Thanks,

Garry

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 5:51 AM   in reply to MUFCOK

Please try the solution mentioned on this forum discussion http://forums.adobe.com/message/5304103#5304103 for same issue.

Thanks,

Garry

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 9:42 PM   in reply to MUFCOK

Well a program running breadth and depth spread across multiple points and interaction with lot of stuff and accurate permissions help

Glad we got it sorted..

Thanks,

Garry

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points