erbmedia93
Currently Being Moderated

Issue burning Blu-ray 25GB "Not enough free disc space"

Jun 16, 2013 5:58 PM

Tags: #cs5 #blu-ray #bluray #bd-r #code_25

Hi there,

I'm having a lot of trouble burning to Blu-ray with Encore CS5.1

Here's the issue:

Whenever I go to build the project directly onto a disc it says "error "code 25" not enough free disc space"

Now I've tried burning an .iso and I can get that to work but it for some reason is larger than what encore says it will be (24.99 GB) which is I think my issue.

Encore is set up to build a project to exactly 25GB, but aren't Blu-ray (BD-R) discs only 23.3GB?

I have had an error 25 where is says "not enough free harddisc space"

Which is why I'm thinking that Encore actually means the disc is too small for what it is trying to build. Why would Encore be set up to build more than a BD-R can handle?

I know that there is more than twice the projected file size avalible on my HDD, so I think it's an issue with the disc.

How can I make Encore build for 23.3GB instead of 25GB?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 16, 2013 6:12 PM   in reply to erbmedia93

Encore does often have a problem overestimating, but are you having Encore transcode? Or bringing in already transcoded assets?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 6:26 PM   in reply to erbmedia93

Yes. Be sure you have no ROM content, and that you have all menus, especially motion, done before you transcode. If that is all good, you may have to work around the automatic. Look at the resulting transcode file in the Encore folders, and  see what the average bitrate is. Reduce it "some," "revert to original" on all the timelines, then set them with transcode settings with the new rate.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 16, 2013 7:07 PM   in reply to erbmedia93

Transcoded files will be in Sources/Transcodes. Use mediainfo or gspot to see what the datarate is.

Gspot: http://gspot.headbands.com/

Media Info: http://mediainfo.sourceforge.net/en/Download/

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 6:25 PM   in reply to erbmedia93

Encore should not ignore two of the timelines. Originally, what were the assets transcode settings? All automatic? It sounds like they may not have been. Or the disk may have been set to BD dual layer. Or you might have transcoded when only one timeline was in the project.

Are all 3 max 30  target 25? If you don't know at this stage, set each asset to "revert to original," then make sure they are set to "automatic," and transcode. Do you get the error? Then look at the datarate used.

The alternative is to use a bitrate calculator and the length of the timelines in minutes, and work it out with manual transcode settings.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 7:31 PM   in reply to erbmedia93

By datarate I mean bitrate.

In mediainfo, the "Bit Rate" is the average bitrate.

Use the "Tree" view.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 8:17 PM   in reply to erbmedia93

Hmm. Neither Mediainfo nor Gspot are readng the average bitrate of m4v files. You can try playing in VLC player, right click and pick tools, then media info, then statistics. I had only one very long bit and couldn't wait for it to process. (On my laptop.)

I would try the bitrate calculator route.

One option:

http://dvd-hq.info/bitrate_calculator.php

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 1:20 AM   in reply to erbmedia93

What settings did you use for the transcode? Can you possibly post a screenshot?

Also, what is the source please? I ask as a colour space if 4:2:0 is very low for full HD - that is usually used in DV.

Have a look here for details on this.

The "uinsufficient Hard Disk" error is telling you that you do not have enough HDD space to compile - generally you need about 3 times the final disc size in free space as a minimum, and it may be worth checking your compile drive (which is ideally not your main C drive) for free space & defragging it as well.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points