Skip navigation
josedlc38
Currently Being Moderated

CS6 designing A4 leaflet -two fold landscape (4Pages) printing to A3

Jun 17, 2013 12:19 AM

Tags: #printing #print #page

Hi All,

I am trying to print an A4 leaflet (two fold) into an A3 paper since our Ricoh Aficio MP C2050 PCL 5C office printer costings is cheaper per print not per paper size. Once I get the print out- I can just cut it into two and fold the leaflets

I have been able to convert the Indesign to pdf and print, however it doesnt appear the correct size, I was expecting to see two A4 equivalent leaflet on an A3 paper which i just neet to cut in the middle, but instead

1) the print out is smaller on the A3

2) and after I cut in the middle the lower portion is misaligned. ie the upper border is too high

not sure if im explaining this correctly, could someone help?

jose

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2013 2:02 AM   in reply to josedlc38
    1. Did you select any fiting in the Acrobat print dialog. Select NONE.
    2. I suppose the white border is a printer issue, but it might be solved when you do as in 1. redommended.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 2:29 AM   in reply to josedlc38

I am talking, when you export the indd in a pdf you have in the printing dialog an option with page scaling. There you have to select NONE.

I don't see any print screen from you.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 3:23 AM   in reply to josedlc38

I mean the left dialog from Acrobat, klick on Size. There scale on none.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 4:49 AM   in reply to josedlc38

To do this properly you'll probably need to create the document at A4 size, then place the pages from that file into a new A3 document (twice) for printing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 5:33 AM   in reply to josedlc38

As Peter recommended you should create an A4 document.

Either save als PDF/x4 and place it in an A3 InDesign or place the indd in the A3 directly. The second method can cause problems on some network systems.

What I have seen on your photo, I would recommend to create such a folder on 6 single pages in 2 spreads, it makes it easier to not get messed around with the foldings. Since Id CS5 it is possible to create indd files with different widths of the pages.

And ther ist also a simplier way to create a screen shoot without a digital camera, click ctrl+print and paste it in an image editor and crop it there, it would be less work for you and for us better to recognize.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points