Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Full-screen mode from selection?

Jun 17, 2013 3:59 AM

I'm scanning slides with the intention of showing them in HD. So I need to crop the 3:2 slide format to 16:9. Is there any way to view a selection full-screen other than an Action? At the moment I make the 16:9 selection, crop, jump to full-screen mode, remove the selection rectangle, and CMD-0 to fill the screen.

Replies
  • Trevor Dennis
    5,905 posts
    May 24, 2010
    Jun 17, 2013 4:12 AM   in reply to Guy Burns

Guy, I can't help with your problem.  In fact the crop in CS6 reverts back to the image's original aspect ratio if you try and view full screen with it set to 16:9.  But I was going to ask if you had considered scan & pan with your slides.  I've used Premeiere Pro to mix stills and HD video, and find the stills take on a dynamic quality if zoomed in/out or panned.  You have to be very slow - I reckoned on zooming from 2200 to 1920 in five seconds.  If you disolve between stills, you need to kep the movement happening into the disolve, and the best waY I found to do that was to place the stills on alternate video tracks, and overlap them by the length of the disolve, and place a disolve on the end of one tract, and beginning of the next.

|
    Mark as:
  • JJMack
    5,995 posts
    Jan 9, 2006
    Jun 17, 2013 4:36 AM   in reply to Guy Burns

To show a 16:9 image full screen you screen needs to have a 16:9 aspect ratio display.  There are many 1920x1080 computer displays that have a 16:9 aspect ratio.  Most computer displays do not have a 16:9 aspect ratio. They have 4:3 , 5:4, and 16:10 or 8:5 aspect ratios. If your display is not 16:9 there will be borders.  If you do not want to automate your process with an action you could write a script to automate the process.

Because the image composition will change so much when you crop a 3:2 aspect image to a 16:9 aspect ratio. I normally make that process interactive so I can choose the crop composition. I would even suggest not cropping portrait aspect ration images to a 16:9 landscape aspect ratio.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points