Skip navigation
steve buey
Currently Being Moderated

White is not white The white in my photoshop is no longer white, it is creamy/yellow?

Jun 17, 2013 4:33 AM

I have reinstalled photoshop cs3 onto a new pc (windoows 8).  bridge etc show my white as white but photoshop whites are creamy.  Please help

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2013 5:54 AM   in reply to steve buey

Could you provide some screenshots?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 6:05 AM   in reply to steve buey

Have you checked the HEX value for what is supposed to be white? White is #FFFFFF. Also, have you a calibrated monitor?

|
    Mark as:
  • Noel Carboni
    23,471 posts
    Dec 23, 2006
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2013 6:22 AM   in reply to steve buey

Sometimes Windows updates download monitor profiles that replace what you had already.  Nothing says those profiles are good!

-Noel

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 7:58 AM   in reply to steve buey

Edit in Photoshop an image that you think should be white (my border in the shot below) select the colour picker tool and the colour chart comes up,. Move the colour picker onto what should by the white area and #FFFFFF should show (as below) . If it doesn't then it isn't white

If you use Firefox browser you can also check the colour on the screen (on the web) by using the Colour Zilla addon, which does a similar thing (but not in PS obviously)

If the colour is white but it doesn't look it on your monitor you either have a colour profile problem, or your monitor is wonked.

Capture.JPG

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points