Skip navigation
nefl777
Currently Being Moderated

button won't highlight ; is it causing other button misbehaviour?

Jun 17, 2013 9:32 AM

Tags: #buttons

I've spent hours on this and can't figure it out! need help.  I have a regular menu with a Previous, Next, and Main button in addition to other Chapter buttons.

here are the settings

Screen shot 2013-06-17 at 12.27.41 PM.png

My problem is (during preview this menu) when I place the cursor over Main and Previous, no "hand" appears; in other words it cannot be selected. "girls just want to have fun" CAN be selected.   The' Next' IS able to be selected, while the 'Act2 Finale' cannot be selected. The  settings look right to me.   what am I missing?  please help! I just know it's something stupid that I can't see.  THANKS !

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2013 9:45 AM   in reply to nefl777

The obvious: are they linked to something?

The more involved: are you building an index using them?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 10:11 AM   in reply to nefl777

Often, such a situation results in the disk burning correctly. So I'm inclined to say ignore, and check on build/burn. If it is wrong on burn, then start it over, or at least delete and replace that menu.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 12:55 PM   in reply to nefl777

All true (with automatic button routing especially), but none of that should result in a button not linking to the timeline/menu it is linked to. I do think that "messing" with button position/navigation/routing, is what is most likely behind bad behavior like your inactive link.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 7:58 PM   in reply to nefl777

Good detective work. For some reason, I had the image of your menus not having that many buttons, but I should have thought to mention it, because that is exactly what happens!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points