Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Is it possible to use sliced images with fluid grids CS6?

Jun 17, 2013 10:31 AM

Tags: #image #cs6 #grid #slice #fluid #sliced #freamweaver

I have 2 sliced images that I want to use in my page. The site has been designed with fluid grids CS6. As soon as the page is made smaller 1 of the images shrinks while the other remains the same size. Is there any way to make this work or is it just not possible using fluid grids?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2013 10:36 AM   in reply to DWQuest

Is there a reason you are slicing the image to begin with if you don't want them to shift/resize individually?

There is definitely a way to do what you want, but it would be much easier to give you an answer if we could see your page. Could you post a link to what you have?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 10:55 AM   in reply to DWQuest

You should use a single, unsliced image in that situation, there's really no reason not to.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 11:00 AM   in reply to DWQuest

I don't think you are understanding how fluid layouts work. Try setting up your image size as a percentage of the class div. The images should then scale.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 4:41 PM   in reply to DWQuest

There's nothing on this page.

http://www.lavishvegas.com/las_vegas_barsx.html

If you want images to rescale to device width, the parent container must be fluid (% width). 

The images need a CSS max-width of 100%. DW does this for you when you create a Fluid Grid layout. 

Also, the native image must be inserted into the HTML foreground  with no stated height or width attributes.  If you set the height/width, it won't rescale to viewport width.

Working example:

http://alt-web.com/FluidGrid/Fluid2.html

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 2:28 PM   in reply to DWQuest

This will never work right in fluid grids.  Decide which is more important to you -- your design concept or having a responsive layout.  Unfortunately, responsive web design requires making compromises that some designers are not willing to do.  It's definitely not for everyone.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 2:44 PM   in reply to DWQuest

If you insert a single image (no slices), it will work.  See example.

http://alt-web.com/FluidGrid/Fluid-4.html

Although adding content precisely where you want it is probably not going to be workable as you have it, because as the LayoutDiv resizes so does the image.

Nancy O.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points