Skip navigation
msnexplorer
Currently Being Moderated

Upgrading computer: JPG files now on directory path G: not C: how do I link my photos in slide show?

Jun 17, 2013 11:16 AM

Tags: #pse8_organizer/listing_albums/filigrans

I upgraded my computer, which now has all of my photos on drive G.  How do I tell my photoshop 8.0 slideshow to now look on drive G: as the pathname not C:  The slideshow contains 250 pictures.  If I edit them manually, the best I could figure out is very labor intensive: Add the photo from the new location, update the panning, fading, timing etc and then delete the existing (now blank slide), repeatl 250 times...  Please note, that the photos are not contained in the elements catalog/organizer.  Even if they were, I would still have to relink them through the All Missing files, one at a time, and then it seems still manually add to the slideshow.  It was recommended by A.T. Romano, that I use this forum to contact Barbara Brundage, with this step of the recovery.  You can view the work we've done to get to this point under his forum.  Thank you.

Replies
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Jun 17, 2013 12:05 PM   in reply to msnexplorer

Are all 250 photos in one folder on the G drive?

If so copy it back to the original location on the C drive.

Then try launching your slideshow project again.

|
    Mark as:
  • 99jon
    12,821 posts
    Jan 6, 2010
    Jun 17, 2013 12:17 PM   in reply to msnexplorer

Yeah, I think that is pretty impossible except for future slideshows you make going forward. Elements wraps up the data in a project (PSESS type file) and as far as I know there is no way of amending the file paths. I always output my slideshows to Premier Elements so at least I have them also in mp4 format. Sorry I can’t offer any more help.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points