Skip navigation
Tesselara2
Currently Being Moderated

Issue with unintended background to buttons when uploaded to my webpage

Jun 17, 2013 1:17 PM

There's a blue background to the buttons that I cannot figure out how to get rid of.  It's not there in the pdf, but shows up when I upload it to my webpage (I"m using Joomla).  Anyone have any ideas?

Here's the file: http://www.localmotion.org/images/volunteer_choose_your_own_adventuref inal2.pdf

Any help would be incredible.  I've spent all day chewing on this.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2013 1:25 PM   in reply to Tesselara2

I doubt it's Joomla, to be honest. When I just click on your PDF, when browsing with Firefox, the PDF displays in the built-in Firefox PDF reader. It shows the light-blue backgrounds on the buttons. When I browse your page in a VM with an older version of IE that has Acrobat configured to load PDFs with the Acrobat plugin (Acrobat 9, I think?) then there are no blue backgrounds. Likewise when I download the PDF and use Acrobat XI.

So, it all comes down to what tool is being used to the view the PDF, and some of 'em do a better job of display than others.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2013 1:30 PM   in reply to Tesselara2

It's recognizing the buttons as "form fields."

When I just click on your PDF, when browsing with Firefox, the PDF displays in the built-in Firefox PDF reader. It shows the light-blue backgrounds on the buttons.

When I do the exact same thing, (same browser and plugin), I do not see the blue.

As Joel's post alludes, the blue form-field shading is subject to user-side conditions/settings, and may or may not show. It's out of your hands.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points