Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Audition CC without a subscription

Jun 17, 2013 2:52 PM

Is Audition CC available without a subscription? I'm interested in upgrading, but would like to purchase it without a monthly payment being needed.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2013 2:55 PM   in reply to Bobaudio

Hi Bob,

Audition CC and all other Adobe CC applications and services, are only available through the Creative Cloud subscription.  You may still purchase Audition CS6, but any new features and functionality will only be available with a subscription.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 11:46 AM   in reply to _durin_

You may still purchase Audition CS6...

Hi, I was unable to find a purchase option for Audition CS6 without the monthly subscription.  Also to be clear, updates will not be available to people like ourselves that want to buy the program without being tethered to the monthly fee?  No repository for such independent customers?  No ability to add future updates manually?  I also need to install on a computer that is not connected to the internet and never will be unless it's a decision based on my own reasons, not a software company's.  All OS updates are even manually installed when I feel it's necessary.

Given that is the case, the creative cloud represents a model that's a dream for software developers (tighter control) and the antithesis for the paying public (connected in some way at some time in order to work or continue working over time). I know I'm not the only one that wants to buy straight out and have support as I deem fit, which to this day has been never other than whatever updates necessary for AA to run as designed. I don't want to be a part of (and be compromised as a result of) a company's campaign solution to fend off some ominous threat of software sharing "terrorists", which I feel is the strongest argument for adopting this format and catering only to it. Not trying to be arbitrary, this is just an honest appraisal that I'm confident reflects more than a few customers in the minority.  Not trying to rally for any change, just to understand exactly what a "traditional" paying customer (ie dinosaur?) can expect before moving forward.  Thanks for enduring a bit of my concern and perhaps unnecessary disappointment, but I just wanted to share how I'm not at all enthusiastic about being required to hand-shake my computer with any company at their discretion for some kind of approval check once I've made my purchase.  Fortunately I don't rely on any specific software that requires doing such things and simply would rather protest those that do than succumb to them.  Thanks for hearing out my opinion :-)

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Jun 19, 2013 12:11 PM   in reply to rlterry

rlterry wrote:

I don't want to be a part of (and be compromised as a result of) a company's campaign solution to fend off some ominous threat of software sharing "terrorists", which I feel is the strongest argument for adopting this format and catering only to it.

It's a reason, certainly, but I don't think it's the primary one. That appears to be that this model puts Adobe in a win-win situation, because it gets very neatly around the ridiculous Sarbanes-Oxley legislation by never determining that a version is 'finished software', whereby it never needs a (apparently expensive) Certificate of Completion, or whatever they call it, and this makes accounting much easier and cheaper. And in the same breath, it gives the Bean Counters a revenue stream. Microsoft are doing the same thing, but apparently being a little more subtle about it.

Other than that, I have considerable sympathy with your views...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 12:34 PM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

SteveG(AudioMasters) wrote:

because it gets very neatly around the ridiculous Sarbanes-Oxley legislation by never determining that a version is 'finished software',

OK, I can understand that. But if it were a bit cheaper than what we used to pay for upgrades…  Sound remover is great. I removed cell phone, my old cat and  Ritchie’s guitar from Smoke On The Water ... well, almost.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 12:39 PM   in reply to rlterry

Thanks for the rational and honest feedback and questions.  I've heard a lot of feedback from Audition and Adobe users about the move to Creative Cloud - some glowing, some ranting, some confused - and I know there's no single, specific answer to most of the questions.  What we've found is that much of the negativity is based on misunderstandings or confusion about why Adobe has made this humongous change to their business model and how it affects our customers.

It's absolutely a BIG change, and a dynamic one at that, so expect to see many of the concerns or problems get sorted out over the next several months.  With regards to our current CS6 and earlier customers who are not opting into Creative Cloud, here's what is planned:

• No new functionality: Part of the reason for this change has to do with revenue recognition regulations for public corporations which limit a companies ability to offer new features or services to a product that has already been paid for.  For CS6 users, we will not be releasing any new updates that expand features and functionality.
    • OS and security updates: The regulations do allow us to make sure the products we've already sold continue to work with new technology.  As operating systems and hardware updates are available, Adobe has committed to ensuring our CS6 applications remain compatible and up-to-date, as well as updates for any security issues that may come to our attention.

There are no significant changes to service for existing users apart from a lack of upgrades.  CS6 installations need to be online for initial activation only, but will not require an internet connection to function indefinitely.

So why should Creative Cloud be considered?  Why would a company with a $23 Billion dollar market cap make such a gamble with their primary product line?  On the surface, it seems to have a lot of marks against it including a monthly recurring charge, the requirement for internet connectivity, and for some users, a higher average yearly cost - especially for users who skip versions between upgrades.  I'll admit that it took me some time to grok this, but I've come around and embraced what the entire Creative Cloud environment has the potential to offer - and it's more than just a handful of desktop applications.  This model has worked well for the last 20 years, but in so many ways, times be changin' and the businesses that prosper moving forward will be the ones who adapt and adopt these shifts.  Here's why I think Creative Cloud has merit for businesses of all sizes:

• Release frequency:  For the teams building these applications, this model is incredible.  Everyone is passionate about what they're building and the people who are using their products.  We prioritize our feature lists for each release based on feedback from our users and really love making our customers thrilled when they see a new command or tool that they requested.  In the past, however, our release cycles were between 18-24 months, though we've knocked that down to around 12 or so recently.  Still, that means an incredible tool we build during that first month of the development cycle, the killer feature that could solve everyday problems and reduce the time spent on dull work making more time available for creative work or life itself, that feature is stuck in the shadows for the next year.  Worse, often we can't even let our users know it's coming!  With Creative Cloud, the teams are far more in control of when those releases occur and we can respond to requests far more quickly than before.
    • Flexibility of licensing:  Many companies have seasonal spikes, or hire based on specific projects, and purchasing a dozen perpetual licenses can take a bite out of a budget.  With CC for teams, or by increasing subscriptions on a month-to-month basis, companies should be able to far better estimate and control their costs.  For users who may work on multiple OS platforms, there is no longer a need to purchase two licenses.  In fact, since a license is tied to your own account, a mobile creator could sit down at practically any workstation, install the tools they need for the job, and sign out when they're done.
    • Up-front cost:  The fixed $49.95/month for the entire CC, or less for students and upgraders who take advantage of various promos as they occur, is a far lower price to jump in than buying the Master Collection or upgrades ever was.  Even for those who skipped upgrades for several versions, the amortized cost is usually far lower over time.  I know this is not the case for many single-application subscribers to products like Audition, and I'm investigating what options we may have to better answer this disparity.  I also feel the same gut-level rejection of paying monthly rather than a big, up-front lump sum.  This response is based on an idea that I'm buying a single product, however one of the more interesting aspects of Creative Cloud that necessitates a subscription-style approach is...
    • Services: Adobe is actively building a foundation and back-end environment that is allowing us to dream and invent new ways for our applications and our users to work together, and we're looking to our customers to help figure out what compelling services we can create and include in their subscription.  There are several basic offerings already available or coming soon, such as file versioning, synchronization, and archiving.  Obvious services could include review and comment, delivery, and payment processing as well as lead generation and distribution.  But I'm personally more interested in the not-so-obvious services Adobe could build integrated and online services to improve your businesses and experience.  For video users who are scared of audio editing, could we offer an in-Premiere tool to analyze and repair audio via a background web service that uses Audition's stellar restoration tools?  What are some of the aspects of what you do that are not enjoyable but have largely just become habit as part of doing business? 

My fingers are getting tired and my belly is reminding me that I've only had coffee today, but there's a lot more I could say.  There's also a rebuttal for each of these points, and while I don't see Adobe turning around on subscriptions moving forward, I'm glad they've committed to keeping CS6 available for our users who may not need to keep at the forefront of technology or a host of unrelated applications for what they do. 

I agree with you that locating the pages to buy CS6 applications is not very easy to find.  Several of us have made this point to the web and management teams and expect it to be resolved soon.  In the meantime, you can find the CS6 Purchase links by visiting:

https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_cat alog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html?start=10

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 12:52 PM   in reply to _durin_

_durin_ wrote:

Thanks for the rational and honest feedback and questions.  I've heard a lot of feedback from Audition and Adobe users about the move to Creative Cloud - some glowing, some ranting, some confused - and I know there's no single, specific answer to most of the questions.  What we've found is that much of the negativity is based on misunderstandings or confusion about why Adobe has made this humongous change to their business model and how it affects our customers.

So those who do not like this new model software are either ranters or confused, are they?  There is no acceptance in Adobe's thinking for reasoned objection to this new model softare provision.

Not exactly an attitude to improved the strained relationship between  many of Adobe's long-term customers and the company!

Perhaps I should be charitable and put it down to the coffee.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to Alan Craven

That's certainly not what I meant to imply.  The majority of negative feedback we've received has been thoughtful and tempered.  There have been folks who did not understand what Creative Cloud was or who reacted based on misinformation or false rumors.  And there have been several instances of what I would absolutely define as a "rant" where the person was upset and was not looking for answers or a discussion and were not amenable to a reasonable conversation.  And everyone of those users feelings are valid and are taken into consideration, no matter the coarseness of their language. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 10:55 PM   in reply to _durin_

I'll put the slip down to the coffee diet, then.

Moral : never post on an empty stomach!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 12:56 AM   in reply to Alan Craven

I'm just going to throw my two bob's worth in for what it's worth (which may prove to be not much).......

My first reaction to this whole Cloud thing was not good with the crux of the problem being 'renting' software and more importantly the idea that should I cease to 'rent' I'm essentially out of business - I wouldn't be able to access ANY Audition sessions.

Well IMO this is probably the main issue for most people (I'll come back to this later)

From an Adobe perspective (as Durin points out) this is a very good model and I have to agree with him

OK so I currently have my head in the "Cloud" and  the first thing I notice is that Adobe have a $hit load of very good (let's not mince words - excellent applications)

Sure I'm (probably) never going to use any of them (well probably not as I have legitimate earlier versions of the Master Collection etal and I don't use much out of that - Photoshop & Dreamweaver maybe). Well I'm not going to count the $1,500 I just received for throwing together a website in Muse in about 15 minutes, hmmmm.

So I guess I'm saying that Adobe needs to do something about the single-app user

I can see the Cloud being a very good thing - updates in weeks/months rather than years has to be a very good thing!

IMO the current pricing for multi-app users is realistic (and hopefully doesnt creep up too much in price over time)

I'm hoping that Adobe implement some sort of 'lease' idea rather than a 'rental' one such that after some time of 'renting' a user has the option to 'buy out' their 'lease'

That way they can still use the application but no longer get updates, etc - much like a car lease.

Anyway IMO there is much much more to this 'Cloud' thing than I first envisaged and and it may well be that for some users they have to look a bit harder for the 'silver lining'

YMMV

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 1:29 AM   in reply to SuiteSpot

SuiteSpot wrote:

So I guess I'm saying that Adobe needs to do something about the single-app user

Amen!

SuiteSpot wrote:

I'm hoping that Adobe implement some sort of 'lease' idea rather than a 'rental' one such that after some time of 'renting' a user has the option to 'buy out' their 'lease'

That way they can still use the application but no longer get updates, etc - much like a car lease.

Yes, give us some hope

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Jun 20, 2013 1:54 AM   in reply to Kost7

One of the other issues that's been discussed a little (and not in any way resolved) is that of the cloud being of value to teams of workers. That's fine, and I can see the advantages there. But in a very real sense, Audition is rather the odd one out in this scenario, because it isn't a visually-based app. Not only that, but as SuiteSpot sort-of observes, Audition users tend not to be members of teams, and are much more likely to be working on their own. So, a lot of the flaunted benefits of the Adobe cloud model don't apply to them, as such.

If you analyse the potential benefits from this point of view to Audition users in this situation, it pretty much comes down to the updated software being the only one that benefits them. But until that actually happens, and a real benefit becomes obvious, they're being forced to pay up on a 'jam tomorrow' basis. So I can very much understand the reluctance of a lot of individuals to want to join up to this model, as the downsides (the occasional need for internet connection to a DAW, the fact that you cannot have a copy of the software in perpetuity) seem to rather outweigh the advantages. And, if the upgrades appear only to consist of bugfixes, then I think that the complaints would be pretty much justified.

So, unless Adobe manage to add real perceived value in terms of individual users, I can see potential sales being lost, I'm afraid. Which would be a shame, because we are talking about a class product here.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 3:00 AM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

@SteveG(AudioMasters) pretty much summed it up very nicely as to a single user in a radio environment.  Also in a Radio enviornment when stations budget for the year I can't see engineers, who in my experience, do the installation and management of software for radio chains, wouldn't be able to confince management on high of a monthly rental senario for single seat users in each of their production and imaging departments.

Cheers

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 3:54 AM   in reply to RJRadio

I would extend SuiteSpot's  "single-app user" to include users of two or three applications only, e.g. me.  Also I am a hobbyist, and make no money from my editing activites.

I use Premiere/Encore, Audition and Photoshop only, and with the possible exception of After Effects, the rest would just be so much junk cluttering my hard drive, were I to bother downloading it.  Audition and Photoshop, as they stand, provide all that I need in their areas - though I appreciate that Audition is lacking as it stands for more serious users.  Premiere would be fine but for the serious bugs introduced with CS6 - notably with AVCHD files, and the new Warp Stabiliser.

In the UK market, once you go beyond two applications you would be better off paying for the whole shebang.

The second of SuiteSpot's points, regarding "lease" rather than rent, leading to an option to buy-out permanent access would also be essential before I would condider signing up.

A  third problem for me is the usual Adobe price-gouging outside North America (or is it just the USA which benefits).  Harm Millard has published some graphic data illustrating this point in the Premiere Forum, and elsewhere.

Finally, the one year discount is scant reward for many long-term users, compared with the johnny-come-latelys.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 22, 2013 5:09 AM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

I`ve been using Audition (and no other Adobe program) in addition to Samplitude Pro X. In 2012 i was able to upgrade a TLP license for 99,- €. Now I should pay 295,08 € (12 x 24,59 € = 387 US Dollar) for one app ? For an upgrade?

In German we say: "Wie krank ist das denn?"  I´m jumping ship, no discussion, no return, and you should do also. There are enough good alternatives, one I mentioned before.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2013 11:27 AM   in reply to bram warner

My two cents:

I've been using/paying for Audition since it was Syntrillium-owned, all the way back to Cool Edit '95.

There is no chance I will pay $240/year ($19.99/month) for it. Maybe if it was $100/year, which is similar to the current upgrade cycle going off my records (I upgraded to CS6 on 07/26/12 for $81, and to CS5.5 on 04/28/11 for $105.19).

It's very sad to me, as Audition is my all-time favorite piece of software.

Oh well. Things change. As I migrated to Pixelmator ($14.99) from Photoshop, I'll find a lesser alternative that will get the job done.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2013 11:34 AM   in reply to liv3evil

For existing customers it is $9.99/month for a single app.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2013 11:46 AM   in reply to ryclark

Thank you for pointing out the $120/year pricing. IMO, Adobe is doing themselves a disservice by not overtly llustrating this @ http://www.adobe.com/products/audition.html (i.e. you need to be logged in and 'join the cloud' in order to see said pricing).

Other thoughts:

$120/year is still too much.

I can understand paying monthly, but having to 'commit' to a year for $9.99/month pricing is another dealbreaker.

After the 1st 'promotional' year, the pricing changes to the 'standard annual price'. Easing me into paying $240/year doesn't make it any more enticing...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2013 2:17 PM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

I wanted to say thanks to SteveG for your feedback and two-sided understanding in post #3.  It's test balloons like the Creative Cloud format that really draws a line between the casual individual user and the more commited groups that will consider adopting it.  Being the casual user whose only vested interest is personal expression and utility (not-for-profit), it's really impossible for me to make the kind of commitment CC demands to use AA in this way. I never bought CS6 but only AA1, AA1.5, and AA3.  I like AA3 very much and was waiting for AA CS6 to move to the next level in hopes it would eventually include more of the functionality CS5.5 left behind. The good news is that I haven't felt deprived with AA3, but must keep a Win XP computer for it and will miss some of the new features and performance enhancements AA CC and future versions will likely provide.  That's the cost of being the casual user, but in the end the consolation is at least I know how far I was able to go without waiting and wondering any further :-)

Also, a big thanks to Durin in his response in post #5, wow!  I know it's got to be tough fielding questions from disgruntled users, and your seemingly tireless diplomacy is what really helps take the edge off when some answers result in a disappointment (when it's not always what we'd like to hear) :-) 

Audition is well-entrenched into the Adobe line of professional software which seem to have all gone CC (though I think Lightroom 5, which I'd like to have) is available independently, but may not have an educational discount? ).  Perhaps in time they will consider allowing AA to have a purchase option by itself with a means to keep it updated and perpetually useful without strings attached as my copy of AA3 and the others I have are.  I would think the bean counters could appreciate there must be a good number of us throughout the world and how it must be financially counter-productive to disinfranchise us than to allow us in on simpler terms.  I'm not sure I understand how that wouldn't be economically pragmatic.  Thanks again, this has been a positive discussion of concerns and ideas without excessive flaming or over-sensitivity :-)

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2013 2:54 PM   in reply to rlterry

Audition CS6 is still available to buy (although fairly well hidden on the second page of the link). Upgrade from AA3 is $149.00.

https://www.adobe.com/products/catalog/cs6._sl_id-contentfilter_sl_cat alog_sl_software_sl_creativesuite6.html?start=20

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2013 4:48 PM   in reply to rlterry

"but must keep a Win XP computer for it"

Not sure why as I run all versions of AA & CEP (and I have a few) on a Win7 x64 PC

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2013 9:30 PM   in reply to rlterry

AA3 was fine on my old Windows 7 32-bit and it's still good on my Windows 8 64-bit

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2013 11:04 PM   in reply to Kost7

AA3 was OK for me on Windows 7, but I remember that many people did have problems there.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 1:31 AM   in reply to ryclark

Audition CS6 is still available to buy....

Upgrade from AA3 is $149.00.

Thanks for the link ryclark.  What I meant earlier was I didn't buy CS6 on purpose as I was still holding out for yet the next version in hopes of a closer version of AA3 than what CS5.5 had changed into.  I did find it somewhat funny though as I jokingly said to myself "Downgrade from AA3 is $149.00".

Also thanks for the heads up on successful usage of AA3 in Win 7 as well as Win 8, all the better!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 2:55 AM   in reply to rlterry

I have to agree that this latest CC version of Audition is much closer to AA3 than previous CS versions. It's a pity Adobe couldn't have gone to Audition CS7 (perhaps a slightly cut down version of CC ie. without some of the new features like Sound Removal Tool and Preview Edit) before locking us into the Creative Cloud scenario.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 11:00 AM   in reply to ryclark

I have to agree that this latest CC version of Audition is much closer to AA3 than previous CS versions.

And in order to appease many disappointed AA3 users after CS5 came out, Adobe alledgedly said (as passed on by those more connected) they would include many of the missing features caused by a completely new re-write of the AA platform (Mac, new code, etc.) in the next version (CS6).  Most people were generously big enough to say "fair enough". CS6 got maybe a wee bit of AA3 attention (CD burning returned and what else was there?).  Oh, well we're taking ideas to include in the next version, stay tuned!

It's a pity Adobe couldn't have gone to Audition CS7 before locking us into the Creative Cloud scenario.

Yes, a pity and likely with a good deal of foresight on Adobe's part, as you don't steer a large tanker another direction on a dime.  Besides give AA3 hanger-onner's all they want now and why would they go to CC rather than say "no thanks"? Best they hold out a little and keep our interest a bit longer.  Honestly though, I think it was more about keeping future ideas quiet, not hoodwinking AA customers (that was just a bonus).  But yes, a pity, and shame on ourselves for believing the "we've been really busy, we'll add those in the next coming version" rhetoric, While naively riding on that train to CS7, we woke up many miles down another path to the sounding horn of a slightly different destination.  A script could have almost been written:

Adobe Conductor: "Attention please, all passengers interested in the new AA must please sign-up for a subscription or get off at this terminal".

AA Customer #3:  What's up, where are we? The rides been so long and I've been napping".

AA Customer #1:  Well, we're somewhere about 1500 miles from where we left but half-way to CS7.  We just stopped at this junction somewhere.  Conductor just announced we need to purchase a subscription to CC or can no longer ride. 

Adobe Conductor: There are AA3 bicycles to get you back home, a courtesy from Adobe so that you're not literally abandoned.

AA Customer #2:  What?, Why the hell did we get on then, I didn't sign-up for this and it wasn't mentioned in the brochure?

AA Customer #1:  Oh c'mon, it's 2013, no big deal, happens all the time.  It's called good business, you're just on the side that doesn't like the definition used as "good", lol.  Now pay the man or get off, the rest of us have decided to head to the Creative Cloud where the Great Oz awaits us (helps Customer #2 off the train by pushing him off with his feet during his hurried explanation).

Customer #3 and Customer #2 are sitting in the dusty dirt on their *****, then get up to dust themselves off:

AA Customer #3:  Well, didn't see that one coming.  I wonder what the Cloud is like, might be a really nice place.  Maybe I should have...

Customer #2:  Are you serious? Here, let me slap you as hard as I can, review what happened and then I want you to repeat what you just said.  We were good customers and stuck behind AA to get the product and ourselves this far but now we're in the way of another idea, one I'm certain was developed before we stopped at station CS5 and CS6, yet we were smiled at all along as if to say, "Next stop is CS7 boys, isn't this an exciting ride?!".  C'mon, we're on our our own, let's get these bikes and head towards home.  Better we found out now than another 1000 miles onward.

Customer #3:  Your, right, I just was looking forward to CS7 so much I just stopped paying attention. 

The sun sets and as the camera pans back we see not only Customer #1 and #2 dust themselves off, but an exodus of many individual customers walking away towards home, from a train heading to the clouds and an old idea gone lost.  Hopefully most of them won't feel they're the abandoned.  Instead of individualized customers whose loss are justified as collateral damage to achieve a greater goal (easy to hide the effects of their loss at shareholder meetings while making other projections look much tastier). I just love what our current (last...35 years?) social-economic business model has become :-)

I don't really write such really long, bad drama on threads but 1) Adobe does tend to be fertile fodder for the imagination to go crazy with and 2) that was really therapeutic!  I know, I need a blog of my own! I promise this will never happen again, lol!

|
    Mark as:
  • SteveG(AudioMasters)
    5,602 posts
    Oct 26, 2006
    Jun 24, 2013 2:28 PM   in reply to rlterry

rlterry wrote:

I have to agree that this latest CC version of Audition is much closer to AA3 than previous CS versions.

And in order to appease many disappointed AA3 users after CS5 came out, Adobe alledgedly said (as passed on by those more connected) they would include many of the missing features caused by a completely new re-write of the AA platform (Mac, new code, etc.) in the next version

What is not so alledged is that Adobe didn't say how many - because they never do! There are also obfuscating issues as well - not the least of them being that there have also been new features introduced, and that some of these have caused what might be described as 'a modification of expectations' from this point of view.

A typical example of this is scripting. We had it in Audition 3, but in CS5.5 and onwards we have the ability to create our own 'favourites. That's all fine and dandy as far as it goes, but what happens to all those old, useful scripts we have? Despite requests, I have to say that it's not looking good...

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 12:53 PM   in reply to SteveG(AudioMasters)

Just to clarify the issue of running AA3.01 in Windows 7 x64 - works great, did some work in it last night (saved an audio mix back to an .avi file, worked like a treat).  The critical necessity on my computer is using ASIO4ALL, which actually gives me more control over the sound card than without it, plus it makes it actually work well!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 9:04 AM   in reply to MusicConductor

I guess my biggest gripe is the wasted time (...............years) of riding the Audition train.

If I would've known that Adobe was going to make me rent their software, I would've just bit the bullet and learned Pro Fools or Reaper years ago.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 12:04 PM   in reply to bmdenton23

I can't imagine what advantage you'd have, at least cost wise, in contemplating or regretting having not moved to ProFools.  Their upgrade fees + plugins + hardware surely makes renting Audition sound like a bargain, yes?  No?  Now, Reaper on the other hand...

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points