Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Using Presets for Printing Panoramas

Jun 17, 2013 4:03 PM

Tags: #printing #presets #panoramas #lr5

I have created a generic preset for printing panoramas on an Epson 4900 connected to a Mac with OS 10.8.4. Using the Epson printer driver's Page Setup via Lightroom 5, I reset the length of the panorama for each print and then update the Lightroom preset. Everything else in the preset is correct for my prints (paper, profiles, etc.).

I have, however, periodically had the problem that even after resetting the print length in the driver and updating the generic panorama preset, that the print is the wrong length (either too long or too short) even though all indications are that everything is set correctly (see below). This can occur even if I shutdown and restart Lightroom (I have also had this problem in LR4).

I would like to known how to correctly set up a panorama so paper is not wasted due to an incorrect length.

The following items appear to be set correctly:

(1) Printer Driver Page Setup paper size

(2) The Lightroom Preset for the generic panorama (Both the print size and paper size. I looked at the text of the preset settings via TextEdit) I note that there is binary information at the bottom of the Lightroom preset. Is that being correctly updated?

(3) The print display in Lightroom (the image correctly fills the print template which is of the correct size)

(4) The print cell size in Lightroom is the size I have set in the printer driver

The different sized panorams were printed on different days and the printer was turned off between those days. Cut sheet prints were also printed in between the panorams.

One panorama was 8 feet long but it was truncated at 39 inches twice before it printed correctly (after I restarted Lightroom but not the printer). The other was correctly printed 58 inches long but on 8 feet of paper (which was blank after the image).

I find it hard to believe the printer is remembering an old size (even after being powered off) but if Lightroom is not sending new information, I suppose that is possible.

Allyn

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points