Skip navigation
T.Scribner
Currently Being Moderated

How can I Delete files from LTR5 to move to Trash On OS 10.8.4?

Jun 17, 2013 3:55 PM

my set up is

mac 0s 10.8.4 using mac book pro 2.7 GHZ with 16GB having Lacie usb 3 thunderbolt external drive storing photos and LTR 5 catalogue to do my LTR processing of 24 mg files from D600 SLR

I have the LTR5 installed and am using it only to find out cannot move file(s) to Trashcan( MAC latest version) that doesn’t support the volume I have the photo files in. LTR5 only will permanently delete them via LTR5 only . Its an annoying step to rid the file – Is this a Bug? LTR 4 moves file(s) directly to Trash with no issues. The other LTR versions had no problem .

I don’t recall LTR5Beta having this issue when trying to move file to trash. I was beta tester .

LTR dialogue also says , file could not be moved to Trash folder as volume isnt supported . I have checked all preference panes to see if i can open up the trash to LTR5 discarded Files from my lacie drive where they are stored  . Often I'll move  files to trash then retrieve later from trash to import back into catalogue.

It was suggested trying new “test” catalogue .So. I created new catalogue which acted same way; failure to move files to trash.

As result , I have created a ” new” Trash folder within LTR5 to move discarded Files into temporary holding space; then, empty the folder contents within LTR5 as needed.

It’s awkward , inefficient . But, it is a temporary solution in holding files until  its decided to permanently delete files. This is a short term solution till Issue is corrected.

Does anyone else have this problem? Suggestions? 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2013 5:52 PM   in reply to T.Scribner

I am not certain that I understand. Are you saying that you could drag a file from the view window directly into trash?

vince

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 7:50 PM   in reply to T.Scribner

that must be frustrating. I have not had that problem.

I use 10.8.3. In the view window, if i press on delete key a dialog asks me if i want to remove the image from the catalog OR completely remove the image from disk. If i chose the former, the image remains in its folder. If i chose the latter the image is moved to the trash.

I am afraid I will be of no help. Hope you figure it out.

vince

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 9:31 PM   in reply to T.Scribner

This is a bug that has occasionally popped up in Lightroom since at least LR 3 (when I first encountered it) and maybe before.

See post #31 in this thread for a temporary solution.

You can read the whole thread and try other solutions, but I've never needed to go beyond the one in post #31 and I did try the permissions first...didn't work for me.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 21, 2013 3:19 PM   in reply to T.Scribner

I am also having this problem. Lightroom 5.0, Mac OS 10.7.5, Lightroom catalog on boot disk, photos on external (thunderbolt) disk.

I get this error it seems every time I want to delete a file (either Delete key and responding "Yes, delete from disk" or cmd-opt-Delete) after I reboot. However if I show the file in the Finder (actually "Show in Finder" is mapped to Path Finder on my computer), then delete it, then undo the delete (in Path Finder), after that the delete works fine—for that file and all other files.

It appears that there is something that is keeping Lightroom from recognizing something about the Trash on external disks, but whatever this is can be fixed by deleting files on that disk. Perhaps this is an Apple bug, not an Adobe bug?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (1)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points