Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

OT: Flash Professional CC is now live!

Jun 17, 2013 10:26 PM

Tags: #flash #release #professional #cc

Hi all,

Flash Professional CC is here! http://blogs.adobe.com/flashpro/2013/05/14/what-is-flash-pro-cc/

You can now start downloading your application. Do go over my notes before you proceed http://forums.adobe.com/message/5418352

Updates to #CreativeCloud are now available!  Get the new CC apps now http://adobe.ly/126DWkG

Link to team blog for more information:  http://adobe.ly/1anrzZb

Thank you for your being such a patient forum. We are as excited as you are!

Thanks,

Preran

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 17, 2013 9:20 PM   in reply to Preran

Why is ActionScript 2.0 support removed? While I don't use it actively anymore it's a shame that I have to keep CS6 or older on my computer to open up, view and compile old AS2 projects.

I could understand why it wouldn't compile anymore but upon opening a project removing all code from symbols and components seems so unnecessary.

Will some form of AS2 support be added in the future? Again, I got 60+ AS2 game projects that sometimes still need to be changed or recompiled and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 10:54 PM   in reply to KenneyNL

Hi KenneyNL,

We made a hard decision to remove AS2 when Flash Pro CC was being rearchitected, and it will not be added later on. Please see this blog post for more insight into our rationale:

http://blogs.adobe.com/flashpro/2012/12/18/exciting-changes-to-flash-p rofessional-in-2013/

Thank you,

Rich

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 17, 2013 11:08 PM   in reply to rich@adobe

In that case I'll just cancel my Cloud subscription and buy a license for Flash Professional CS6. Too bad, I was really excited for Cloud but if Cloud means that I can't view or compile my old projects then it's a no go. Makes me sad to be honest, I defended the whole Cloud subsciption for months but now it hits me right in the face. I'm sure you just didn't add it because you want to force users to use ActionScript 3.0 but didn't think that many Flash developers have been using AS2 for 10+ years and now half their library is unusable.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 12:26 AM   in reply to Preran

adobe decision cancel as2 hurt a lot of designers that working with as2.

also it's doesn't make any sense that there is no option to edit as2 docs.

is it adobe way to pull the plug complitly from flash?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 18, 2013 6:37 AM   in reply to dudidi

i don't see an issue.

anyone that's created as2 projects or edits as2 projects already has an as2 project editor.  you don't have to uninstall that old flash version to use flash cc and you can use it side-by-side with flash cc.

a more fundamental issue with adobe flash has been its inability to save fla files more than one version old.  that's required all of us freelancers to keep several versions of flash so we can save-down to a version usable by clients that only have old versions.  so, the revelation that developers need more than one version of flash pro is no news.

anyway, if you're a designer and only create and edit as2 projects, it makes no sense for you to upgrade.  congratulations, you have an unanticipated windfall of saved money if you'd previously planned on upgrading.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 6:51 AM   in reply to kglad

The problem right now is that I'm forced to keep Adobe Flash CS6 and Adobe Flash CC installed until Adobe decides to add legacy AS2 support to Flash CC (never).

It's the same issue as you brought up with the backwards compatibility, why have multiple versions of the same software installed? It makes no sense.

If you only use AS2, please go get Flash CS3 because it's the most stable and best version for AS2. But many developers have been using Flash for years and half (if not more) our projects have been made in AS2, I would still like to open them and thus I'm forced to keep two versions of Flash Pro installed until the end of time.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 7:11 AM   in reply to Preran

Hi, was looking forward to CC but there´s really too many features dropped that we use. I need to see a complete list of ALL dropped features in one place asap. Your support seems to have no clue.
    These are the dropped features (for our "focus", can´t we decide our focus ourselfes?) that we have found so far, please add if there are more dropped features from CS6:

"In order to provide a more focused creative environment, Adobe Flash Professional CC has streamlined its feature set. The following is a list of the notable tools that have been dropped from the previous version:
    • Support for ActionScript 1 and 2
    • TLF text
    • Motion Editor for motion tweens
    • Bone tool for inverse kinematics
    • Deco tool
    • Project panel
    • Printing
    • Strings panelAdobe FlAsh ProFessionAl CC ClAssroom in A book 3
    • Behaviors panel
    • Object-level undo
    • Spelling panel
    • Movie Explorer
    • Bandwidth profiler in Test Movie mode
    • FXG file import or export
    • Kuler panel
    • Video Cue Points (but still available in Media Encoder and through ActionScript)
    • Closed captioning
    • Video playback on Stage with FLV playback component
    • Device Central
    • Importing SWFs
    • Pick whip in the Code Snippets panel
    • Auto-Save
    • File Info (XMP Metadata)
    • Import support for some bitmap formats (BMP, TIFF, AutoCad) and some
    sound formats (AIFF, Sound Designer, Around AU, Adobe Sounds Document)
    • Publishing projectors"

Also "Flash Pro CC does not support importing of SWC files."

I think the design view-setup with Flashbuilder is also dropped?

Add more and add a link to some kind of complete list of dropped features. Now the surprises are all spread out across many docs and that is not very useful thank you.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 18, 2013 7:17 AM   in reply to HelenWLee

List of dropped features

The following features will be unavailable with the final release of Flash Professional CC (HellCat):

•Support for ActionScript 1 and 2

•TLF Text: If your FLA, created with an older version of Flash Professional, contains TLF Text, then HellCat converts it to Classic text automatically on opening the FLA.

•Motion Editor: Motion paths will be retained.

•Project Panel

•Launch & Edit (L&E Photoshop works)

•Printing

•Inverse Kinematics/Bone Tool

•Strings Panel

•Behaviors Panel

•DECO Tool

•Object-level undo

•Spelling Panel

•Movie Explorer

•Bandwidth profiler

•FXG Import/Export

•Actions Toolbox

The following miscellaneous functionality will also be unavailable with the final release of Flash Professional CC (HellCat):

•CSXS

•Kuler Panel

•Share My Screen

•Code Hinting for JSFL

•Video Cue Points

•Close Captioning

•Video Playback onstage

•Device Central

•Customizable Tools panel

•Drag-and-drop from stage to Library or another application

FLASH PROFESSIONAL CS7 (HELLCAT) - PRERELEASE 13

Flash Professional CC (HellCat) - Release Notes

Last updated 4/21/2013

•Importing SWFs

•Importing some bitmap formats (BMP, TIFF, AutoCad)

•Importing some sound formats (AIFF, Sound Designer, Around AU, Adobe Sounds Document)

•File Info (XMP Metadata)

•Projectors

•Fireworks PNG Import

•Post Processors

•Data Binding

•Data Source

•Script Assist

•FreeHand Importer

•PicWhip

•Auto-Save

•Conditional Compilation user interface

•AIRN Adobe AIR for Digital Home

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 7:29 AM   in reply to kglad

I saw that auto save is dropped but CC has auto-recovery every x minutes, whats the difference?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 18, 2013 7:33 AM   in reply to HelenWLee
    Auto-Recovery
    When enabled (the default setting), this setting saves a copy of each open file at the specified time interval, in the same folder as the originals. If you have not saved the file yet, Flash saves the copies in its Temp folder. The file names are the same as the originals, with “RECOVER_” added to the beginning of the file name. If Flash Pro quits unexpectedly, a dialog box appears when you restart to allow you to open the auto-recover file. When you exit Flash Pro normally, the auto-recover files are deleted.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 8:22 AM   in reply to HelenWLee

for our "focus", can´t we decide our focus ourselfes?

Totally agree We should be able to activate or no these features ourselves. It is regrettable to remove major features without consulting customers who use them every day, especially when these features were presented as important developments in last 2 or 3 versions of Flash and are now in the most recent projects.

Please everyone, ask Adobe to put these old features in Flash on this page. If they don't listen to us, many of us will stop our subscription and stay on CS6.

For me, object-level undo, support for AS2 (for old projects), TLF text and SWC imports are very important features that I miss.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 18, 2013 8:23 AM   in reply to BenjaminParis

there are user-to-user forums.  if you want to make a feature request, https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 8:25 AM   in reply to kglad

Yes, the link was in my message.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 8:34 AM   in reply to BenjaminParis

Just found out they removed support for SWC imports. This is just madness, now none of my old AS2 projects work but my newer AS3 ones that use physics engines or 3D engines (Away3D) have stopped working too.I really have no clue what Adobe is thinking here, I think we users should somehow bundle our voices and let it be heard.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 18, 2013 9:05 AM   in reply to KenneyNL

you can still add swc's to your library path.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 9:10 AM   in reply to kglad

How does that work?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 18, 2013 10:04 AM   in reply to KenneyNL

file>publish settings>actionscript settings (wrench icon)>library path>browse to swc file icon

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 10:07 AM   in reply to kglad

That doesn't work anymore, just tried.

Warning: Library path "$(FlexSDK)/frameworks/libs/flex.swc" does not resolve to a valid file.

etc.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 18, 2013 12:01 PM   in reply to KenneyNL

there's not much more to say.  that's not a valid path.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 10:19 AM   in reply to kglad

Oh you're right, they are wrong paths. Thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 10:23 AM   in reply to KenneyNL

I've tested SWCs and they work properly while linked in the Library Path

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 18, 2013 12:02 PM   in reply to KenneyNL

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 10:03 AM   in reply to kglad

Sorry, but anyone can tell me why I can't see Flash Professional CC in Creative Cloud app? (I'm not good at English, please!!)

cc.jpg

Where can I get the trial version of Flash Pro CC? I 've tried this link:

https://creative.adobe.com/products/flash

But it doesn't work for me. Have I missed something?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 19, 2013 10:06 AM   in reply to aconma

try running cc cleaner (http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html) and then restarting your computer.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 10:38 AM   in reply to kglad

thank you. But still doesn't work. I've just install new windows and haven't install any cs application. I just install creative cloud desktop, and also use cscleaner to clean creative cloud desktop as you tell me. But I still can't see Flash Pro CC.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to aconma

Make sure your system meets the minimum requirements for Flash CC.  If it doesn't then it will not be offered in the programs menu.  Here's a link to the specs:

http://www.adobe.com/products/flash/tech-specs.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 6:32 PM   in reply to Ned Murphy

thank you very much! you saved my life work perfectly on win8 64-bit

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 6:53 PM   in reply to aconma

You're welcome

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 8:58 AM   in reply to Preran

Hi guys,

You guys at Adobe, you have always done a exelent job. I love all your software. Your reputation is brilliant.

And I would like to encourage you to add  some dropped features to Flash CC.

I just got installed Dlash CC and I have found out that I can't use it for what I do.

The new features and black interface are all great, I love them. The only thing that bothers me are the features which were dropped from previous versions. It's really something that forces me to use Flash CS6.

I'm a flash game developer and I do stuff all around graphics & animations. I prepare all graphics in Photoshop and then I import it into flash, set instance names, class names, animate everything and so on...

Flash CC is missing a lot of features which were dropped. Big problems comes without following:

Motion Editor:

Without this, we animatiors are not able to do our job properly.

The animations just doesn't look good and natural (yes yes no **** Sherlock )

I have Motion Editor all the time in my projects. I also use it in Aftrer Effects.

You can ask any animator - what would he do without Motion Editor. His answer would be: "Certainly, I wouldn't be able to animate."

Flash is also an animation program. Without Motion Editor - it's impossible for animators around the world to create a good animation.

PSD Import: Missing options for indivitual layers:

In my case, I import all game assets from PSDs.

While importing directly in CS6 I had an ability to:

• select which layers I want to import
    • add Instance Name for selected layers
    • option of setting the quality individually
    • option for making a movieclip (of a layer or also a folder)
    • option fors setting the center (Registration) of the movie clip

That way I didnt have to set everything in my PSDs everytime I had to import something new. It enabled me to save so much time.

In Flash CC I would have to do everything manually - and somethimes I would cause errors. I would not be able to see everything at one place.

The worst thing from my point of view would be probabbly setting the anchor points for each movie clip. It would up the imported stuff completely. In my case, I have center (registration) of every movieclip in middle, but the import as it is, it aligns the center to left top. And I am not able to change it while importing (please correct me if I'm wrong, I just didn't see it anywhere).

Well, I just hope that all the features were dropped because Adobe guys were building Flash CC form the scratch and just didn't have enough time to finish all features.

So, is there any chance that you will put back the missing features?

Thank you for reading my message.

Regards,

Adam

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 7:12 AM   in reply to kglad

Does the wishform link actually submit anything to anybody? I haven't used it in a long time, because the last few times I did I gott a bounced email notification in my inbox. If I have something to say about Flash, I'll email someone I know at Adobe, but I think most people don't have that luxury.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 24, 2013 7:28 AM   in reply to Amy Blankenship

i'm pretty sure noone checks those.  and, if there are people checking, the flash checker should probably get a demotion because until a few months ago there wasn't even an obvious flash link.

but maybe, if a report is made and there are a certain number of votes for it, it gets noticed. 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 11:07 AM   in reply to Amy Blankenship

Amy Blankenship wrote:

Does the wishform link actually submit anything to anybody?

Given that it's a wish form, it's probably wishful thinking that it actually does.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 11:14 AM   in reply to W_J_T

So... where can we be heared or where should we send our demands, tears and wishes?

Some of the features that were dropped actually made flash not usable for animation

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 11:15 AM   in reply to W_J_T

It probably prints out all wishes and puts them through a shredder.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 11:36 AM   in reply to AdamSabla

Yes, they made a beautiful and powerful tool completely useless. I am sure that this time they self-congratulating on how Flash has evolved. But because they fired the guy whose job it was to read the wishes of the users, they will never know how their customers find aberrant decisions to abandon almost everything that made Flash an animator tool.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,189 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 24, 2013 10:08 PM   in reply to AdamSabla

this is the link to the wish list/bug reporter: https://www.adobe.com/cfusion/mmform/index.cfm?name=wishform

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 1:02 AM   in reply to kglad

Please don't make me laugh.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 10:41 AM   in reply to AdamSabla

Hi Adam and others! I just saw that Ajar made this free extension for Flash CChttp://ajarproductions.com/blog/2013/07/03/transferring-tween-eases-to -flash-pro-cc/

"EaseCaddy lets you save, apply, export, and import custom eases (which make animations beautiful and believable)."

It may help some! And hopefully more extensions will come for the missing CC features.

I miss the main tools panel with a one-click icon to save, since autosave is removed too. Quite cumbersome while drawing to either click file-> save or to use keyboard shortcuts for me. I seem to use CS6 90% of the time still allthough I quite like CC too much to change there, but hopefully solutions will turn up.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 4, 2013 1:38 PM   in reply to HelenWLee

Thanks Helen,

I ll try it out. Thanks!

If it will work and if there will be also a solution for the "simplified PSD import" - http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1238722 - I might finally be able to use CC

Many thanks!

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)