Skip navigation
sharronsuss
Currently Being Moderated

Can I import FCE projects into Adobe Premier Pro?

Jun 17, 2013 9:31 PM

Tags: #mac #premiere_pro #media #project

Over the past 5 years I've accumulated several TB of underwater video footage as Quicktime Movie clips on Mac-formatted external hard drives.  These are media files for my Final Cut Express 3.5 projects, organized by ocean locale and further sorted as to creature ID and other info, using the Log Note field.  I've cut some videos from what I've shot and would like to continue to do so.

The newer Apple video editing programs will not import Final Cut Express projects.  I have heard that Adobe Premiere Pro will import them.  All I want to do is access the media files by way of the sorted, organized project file folders that reference them.  If I can't do that, I will be almost all the way back to the original video tapes if/when my Mac fails, which it is already showing signs of doing.  If Adobe can allow me to maintain access to my underwater archive, I would be happy to kiss FCE and Apple goodbye. 

I have a year-old HP Pavilion with a 750GB hard drive that should be adequate to get started with Adobe Pro.  Can my FCE project files be rescued?

Would appreciate solid information on this.  Thanks, Sharron S.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 24, 2013 4:25 PM   in reply to sharronsuss

Hi sharronruss,

You can import a Final Cut Express project into Final Cut Pro, then, export the XML to Premiere Pro. That would be the only way possible that I know.

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points