Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Total Crash (CC) on attempting to Create a Fluid Grid Layout!

Jun 17, 2013 10:46 PM

Tags: #dreamweaver #creative #cloud #cc

I hope someone can recreate this, because I'm climbing up the walls right now.  Where to start?  I'm trying to create a single fluid-grid page.  I'm too tired to repeat the steps concisely, but after being prompted to save my CSS, I do.  That's when the errors begin. 

First one:

Screen Shot 2013-06-18 at 1.22.41 AM.png

2) Then, when opening the files, it's just blank.  No grids, no layout code, just a plain HTML file.  So, then,I figure I should save everything, to "generate" the boilerplate CSS, and the JQuery min page, which should probably appear by default, but I go to save anyway.  That's when it crashes.  So, I open again.  Try to open the first file I created: crash. 

3) So, I figured maybe my installation was botched.  I uninstall and reinstall.  Same crashes.  So, I figured maybe there might be corrupt files in my web folder (really just trying anything at this point.) So, I create a brand-new site. Same exact scenario.  

Now, I understand no one has really had an opportunity to experiment, so this is probably a silly exercise, but maybe someone can recreate this?

I'm too tired to explain anymore but I was really, really hoping that I could use this option to lay out a working comp for a client.  Job starts Wednesday. It's not possible to learn Responsive Design in a week, as someone suggested, so I'm really at a loss... I simple don't know what to do! 

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2013 5:22 AM   in reply to jonfreed77
    1. Quit Dreamweaver.
    2. In the Finder, navigate to /Users/Your User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe.
    3. Rename the Dreamweaver CC folder to, for example, Old Dreamweaver CC.
    4. Navigate to /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/.
    5. Rename the Dreamweaver CC folder to, for example, Old Dreamweaver CC.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 5:37 AM   in reply to jonfreed77

I'm having the same issues as jonfreed77. Tried the solution posted above by bgupta16, but no success. In addition, I have started up DW CC ten times this morning and it has crashed all ten times for me. This mainly happens when clicking the close file (x) icon in an open file tab.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 6:03 AM   in reply to Michael Trusa

Please try removing the files listed below along with those mentioned above to your desktop.

1) /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0.plist

2) /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0.plist.lockfile

3) /Users/Your User Name/Library/Caches/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0

Restart your computer and Launch DW.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 7:12 AM   in reply to jonfreed77

Close every thing and restart the system

Once its started relaunch DW , check if it helps

-Harshit yadav

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 8:29 AM   in reply to jonfreed77

I'm having the same issue now.  Abandoning Dreamweaver CC until it's finished.  Maybe Adobe could give registered users who pay through the nose as update when this software is useful for web development.  Just like they kept us existing users up to date about how the update was to work and clearly described changes we might expect.

Oh yes...

So guess there's not much hope.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 11:18 AM   in reply to jonfreed77

Hi jonfreed77,

About the Code view going balnk issue, Are you facing this only on a fluid grid page or is it hapening on a normal HTML page too ?

Also can you please share a video, capturing all the steps to end up with this problem.

Thanks,

Puneet

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 4:10 PM   in reply to Reach Puneet

I would like to add to this set of errors and crashes the following:

After dealing with similar crash behavior and design view behavior as the OP, I also have seen these types of errors.

I have tested the same html, php, and css, files on other Dreamweaver CC installs and did not run into these issues.

I have done most of the clean install, delete pref., tips suggested so far but no luck.

Crashes occur in live and design views primarily on my build.

Thank you

Error1.jpg

Dreamweaver CC

Mac Pro 1,1

OSX Lion 10.7.5

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 9:55 PM   in reply to Night2o

Hi Guys,

Please try following these steps, as one of the users has reported that it fixed the problem for them:

-------

CC was crashing on me too, but I did this and the problem went away.

1. Deleted the Dreamweaver CC folder in /Users/Your User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe.
    2. Deleted the Dreamweaver CC folder in /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences
    3. Deleted /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0.plist
    4. Deleted/Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0.plist.lockfile
    5. Deleted/Users/Your User Name/Library/Caches/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0
    6. Restarted the computer.
    7. Opened Dreamweaver CC
    8. Set up the workspace the way I wanted it
    9. Saved the workspace
    10. Quit Dreamweaver CC
    11. Restarted again.

------

Thanks,

Puneet

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 10:58 PM   in reply to Night2o

Sorry to see you facing this issue. Can you please paste the first 10 lines of the crash report here for the benefit of all?

Please do email the crash report along with your machine details to veerambu@adobe.com

We'll give it our best effort to sort this out for you.

-Nithya

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 12:00 AM   in reply to Nithya.MV

HI All,

We suspect the problem is originating from the Start Page which is not loading on closing all open documents. Hence , please try the following workaround and let us know if it works for you.

1. Go to Dreamweaver Preferences
    2. Go to the general category in the Preferences Dialog
    3. Uncheck the Show Welcome Screen Crash

..Harish

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 7:47 AM   in reply to Nithya.MV

I am sorry but for some reason there have been no crash reports that have popped up. I cannot find the location of these reports either.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 7:59 AM   in reply to Night2o

Hi Night2o,

1.Click on Go in Finder Menu < Utilities.

2. Find and Open Console.

3. Go to "~/ Library / Logs / CrashReporter"

4. It should have an item listed name something like "Adobe Dreamweaver xxxx"..

Bhawna

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2013 8:46 PM   in reply to jonfreed77

Jon ,

Would it possible for you to join us over connect session??

Write to us your time preferences at vharis_@_Adobe_._com(please ignore the underscores) ... Will share the connect details over mail..

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 1:03 PM   in reply to vharis

I posted a solution that has solved numerous problems for me here:

http://forums.adobe.com/message/5432451#5432451 (see my last post)

It seems to have solved my fluid grid crashing problem and CSS Designer panel issues. Dreamweaver appears to be working flawlessly now.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 1:14 PM   in reply to jonfreed77

Hi jonfreed77,

People facing similar issue, posted following resolution in another thread recently.

Please give it a try and confirm if they work for you.

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

20 Jun, 2013 8:24 AM in reply to pcepp  

I found a solution that worked for me.

I removed all the fonts that Adobe CC installed out of my Library:Fonts folder and just left in the Apple Basic fonts like Arial, Courier etc... Launched Dreamweaver CC and the CSS designer panel works. I have no idea exactly which font it is, or creating the conflict. All I know is that it works great now.

|

20 Jun, 2013 10:11 AM in reply to dogdog63

very strange - I installed Illustrator CC and then I had no more problems with Dreamweaver! No more crashes when close or create files and no more problems with the CSS designer. Error messages during create fluid grid layouts are also gone ...

• Michel:

I think I figured it out on the Mac. Be sure that Verdana is activated in Font Book. What tipped me off to this was a warning I was receiving when trying to open After Effects. It was saying that the program needed Verdana for the user interface to work. I thought that maybe Dreamweaver needed Verdana too. Sure enough! Hope this helps you guys.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 5:38 PM   in reply to Reach Puneet

I can assure you that the problems I face were not solved by the font modification nor the clean installs or cache deletions, nor any form of complete uninstall. Also tried the adobe made cache remover app for mac.

All my other cc apps are perfect. and dreamweaver cs6 worked like a charm a day earlier.

Any updates?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 3:20 AM   in reply to Night2o

Verified Fix :

For all the Dreamweaver crashes on opening Fluid Grid pages , Closing Documents or opening files

Please make sure the default system fonts are all enabled - especially Verdana

On MAC -

Open Font BOOK from Applications

Activate VERDANA FAmily of Fonts

Thank You, Pcepp and Michael Trusa for pointing out this fix

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 4:39 AM   in reply to vharis

Is there a fix for Windows users? 

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 5:37 AM   in reply to Norv56

System Fonts Can be accessed @ Start > Control Panel > Fonts. on Windows machine.

Please validate that :

• Verdana is listed as one of the active fonts.
    • If this font is hidden , then click on show button to activate the same.
    • If this font is missing then add the same and activate it.

Launch DW now to revalidate the problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 24, 2013 11:01 AM   in reply to vharis

Yes, Verdana is an active font.  I previewed font using microsoft preview tool.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 25, 2013 9:53 PM   in reply to Night2o

Hi Night2o,

For the Fluid Grid page(s) you are working on, does the related .css file(s) contain any “Media Queries”? If so, please open the .css file in Dreamweaver CC as a separate file and ensure that the curly braces ‘{‘ for the Media Queries are properly paired (opened and closed) and save the .css file. Then try to open the Fluid Grid page in Dreamweaver CC.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,

Arindam

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 12:09 AM   in reply to Arindam_G

Arindam_G,

That was my problem, Media Queries on the styles.css page.  Missing one "}".  It solved problem for one of sites I had built.   Will work through other sites to see if it resolves issues. 

Thanks everyone! 

Edlt:  Solved problem for all Fluid Grid sites I had built using Dreamweaver CS6.  Now I can get up to speed on new features added in Dreamweaver CC. 

Again, thanks everyone!

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points