Skip navigation
Mark@W1G
Currently Being Moderated

VideoDisplay error

Jun 18, 2013 3:29 AM

Tags: #flash_builder #android #air3 #videodisplay

0 down vote  favorite  

I am currently building an app using Flashbuilder for an Android device.

On several pages I have a spark component videodisplay or videoplayer in the pages.

For whatever reason the first time I open the app and navigate to that page the video doesn't load. If I move off that page and go back the video shows fine. If I then lock the screen, and then go back to the app I again navigate to a page with a video and again it doesn't display on that first showing.

Extensive websearch etc and I cannot find anybody else with the same error.

trace() shows video loads fine, both in s:videodisplay and s:videoplayer.

Any help would be brilliant.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2013 9:15 AM   in reply to Mark@W1G

Do you hear audio, but don't see video or no audio either?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 7:41 PM   in reply to Mark@W1G

Try placing <containsVideo>true</containsVideo> inside your android tag for the application xml. It fixed my video issue. Must use AIR 3.5 or higher though.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 8:31 PM   in reply to Mark@W1G

It should be inside the <android> tag eg: <android><containsVideo>true</containsVideo><manifestAdditions></mani festAdditions></android> note that it should not be the android <manifestAdditions> tag, containsVideo is a tag for the adobe air runtime on android, not the actual manifest xml for the android app.

Easy to get confused with due to lack of proper documentation for the tag, it might be intended as a temporary fix which is why it's difficult to find out about.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 23, 2013 3:42 AM   in reply to BKin2013

When I try to add <containsVideo>true</containsVideo> I get

error 103: application.android.containsVideo is an unexpected element/attribute

a part of my xml is

<android>

<containsVideo>true</containsVideo>

<manifestAdditions><![CDATA[

<manifest android:installLocation="auto">

<application android:hardwareAccelerated="true"/>

<!--See the Adobe AIR documentation for more information about setting Google Android permissions-->

<!--Removing the permission android.permission.INTERNET will have the side effect

of preventing you from debugging your application on your device-->

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE"/>

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"/>-->

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION"/>-->

<!--The DISABLE_KEYGUARD and WAKE_LOCK permissions should be toggled together

in order to access AIR's SystemIdleMode APIs-->

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.DISABLE_KEYGUARD"/>-->

<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK"/>

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.CAMERA"/>-->

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECORD_AUDIO"/>-->

<!--The ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE and ACCESS_WIFI_STATE permissions should be toggled

together in order to use AIR's NetworkInfo APIs-->

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>-->

<!--<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_WIFI_STATE"/>-->

</manifest>

<application>

<activity>

<intent-filter>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN"/>

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER"/>

</intent-filter>

<intent-filter>

<action android:name="android.intent.action.VIEW"/>

<category android:name="android.intent.category.BROWSABLE"/>

<category android:name="android.intent.category.DEFAULT"/>

<data android:scheme="edynco"/>

</intent-filter>

</activity>

</application>

]]></manifestAdditions>

</android>

I am using air 3.8 and flex 4.10, also tried with air 3.7 and flex 4.9.1.

I am building with IntelliJ IDEA 12

Can anyone help?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points