Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Can Flash Pro CC publish to flash player 9??

Jun 18, 2013 5:20 AM

Hi

It is possible to publish to flash player 9 in Flash CC. Most of the flash ads still require flash player 9 as the highest version to publish for.

thanks

Andrew

Replies
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 16, 2013 12:17 PM   in reply to andykenward

10.3 is as far back as you can publish unless you add an older playerglobal swc to the publishing options.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 18, 2013 6:45 AM   in reply to andykenward

to start, you need to find a version 9 playerglobal.swc.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 16, 2013 12:19 PM   in reply to andykenward

add the swc to the default location, Adobe\Adobe Flash CC\Common\Configuration\ActionScript 3.0\FP9\playerglobal.swc

then you need to add an fp9 publishing template.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jun 18, 2013 8:14 AM   in reply to andykenward

you need a publishing template (xml) for fp9 so it shows up in your publish settings target combobox.

here's some info: http://blogs.adobe.com/rgalvan/2011/11/adding-fp11-support-to-flash-pr o-cs5-and-cs5-5.html

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jul 8, 2013 3:11 PM   in reply to kglad

Sorry but why is this not built in? Crappy Flash CC... does Adobe know that major Ad-Servers do not accept SWFs higher than Flashplayer 9? Therefore Flash CC, as it is right now, is useless.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 9, 2013 2:48 AM   in reply to FUNE78

That is so true ...

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 9:49 AM   in reply to sjess-novagraphix

Hey just went through the stressful experience of building some banners in CC only to realize they couldn't be exported as Flashplayer 9.  I tried then opening them in CS6 but they wouldn't load properly and when published their SWF would be extremely choppy.  Seeing as the client needed the animation quickly I tried everything and found a solution.  Figured I would share it here in case any one else finds them self in my shoes. 

First I would save my files in Flash CC as an .xfl file.  Then in CS6 open the .fla file that was created with the .xfl folder and with out touching anything go to File>Publish Settings and switch the target to Flash Player 9 hit 'OK' then hit CTRL-F12

And success I finally saw my animation playing back without being choppy.  I guess for the time being I will have to stick with CS6 for web banners.  It's a shame since CC performs so well and helps keep file size down a bit...  I would love to add a Flash Player 9 option to CC if possible.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 15, 2013 10:36 AM   in reply to Will at RR

you need a publishing template (xml) for fp9 so it shows up in your publish settings target combobox.

here's some info: http://blogs.adobe.com/rgalvan/2011/11/adding-fp11-support-to-flash-pr o-cs5-and-cs5-5.html

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 15, 2013 5:16 PM   in reply to kglad

@kglad i tried that way, flash cc does not work with a fp9 publishing template. Problems with exporting as3 to fp9. So instead of keep fooling us in the wrong direction bring up a complete solution, right you can't...

Flash's main profit scheme is online-marketing, also the only reason why flash still exists (everything else is already replaced). looks like adobe is dumb enough to pull the plug here. Nobody intelligent enough does Websites, Games, Video-Embeding and so on with Flash anymore.

kglad if you want to do a good job for Flash, i mean it honest, then contact someone at adobe to really get the focus on the flash cc publish to fp9 issue. OK?

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 16, 2013 9:56 AM   in reply to FUNE78

i just added fp 9 to flash cc and tested and i don't see a problem.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2013 10:17 AM   in reply to kglad

Well thats the problem... you don't see it, because you most likely did not a full test. Ad some AS3-code to it and it will fail when you publish it. Looks like alot of Flash CC AS3-Code does not work in FP9. If not, it would be very awesome if you could share your solution here. And correct me if am wrong.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 16, 2013 12:20 PM   in reply to FUNE78

you're wrong.

i see no problem with actionscript unless i try to use something not available in fp 9 (like the native JSON class that was added with fp 11) which confirms i'm using fp 9 to publish.  so yes, there's alot of code that would work in fp11 that would not work with fp 9.  if you expect anything else, you have some fundamental misunderstanding.

anyway, the solution is the same as i already mentioned, more than once.  here are the file paths on my computer (which are the default paths):

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CC\Common\Configuration\Players\FlashPlayer9_0.xml

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Flash CC\Common\Configuration\ActionScript 3.0\FP9\playerglobal.swc

and i attached two files so you don't have to find fp9 playerglobal.swf and you don't need to create a fp 9 xml.

Attachments:

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2013 12:41 PM   in reply to kglad

Thank you kglad for this solution... Looks like my playerglobal.swc was different to yours. So now we only have to bring adobe to the point that they implement it...

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 16, 2013 12:51 PM   in reply to FUNE78

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 17, 2013 7:40 AM   in reply to kglad

Thanks kglad!! and thanks for attaching the files.  I agree with FUNE Adobe should definitely update CC to have the option of flash player 9.  Since it is the DFA standard at the moment.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Jul 17, 2013 1:44 PM   in reply to Will at RR

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 4, 2013 5:11 AM   in reply to kglad

Thanks kglad,

For Mac the file paths are:

/Applications/Adobe Flash CC/Adobe Flash CC.app/Contents/Common/Configuration/Players/FlashPlayer9_0.xml

and

/Applications/Adobe Flash CC/Adobe Flash CC.app/Contents/Common/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc

To navigate inside "Adobe Flash CC.app" in Finder, you need to right click it and select "Show Package Content".

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Sep 4, 2013 6:42 AM   in reply to Jarkko Syrjälä

you're welcome.

and thank you for the mac paths.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 25, 2013 11:45 AM   in reply to kglad

Thanks for this.

For others with Macs, the swc file given here did not work for me, I used this one which solved my issues: https://code.google.com/p/flashdevelop/source/browse/trunk/FD3/FlashDe velop/Bin/Debug/Library/AS3/intrinsic/libs/player/9/playerglobal.swc?r =1097

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 3, 2013 9:40 AM   in reply to kglad

kglad, You sir are freaking AWESOME!!!!  You just saved me about 3 days of rebuilding 40 banner ads!  I am VERY glad you figured this out and shared it for everyone to know!  You sir are a knight in shining armor!! 

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Oct 5, 2013 8:22 AM   in reply to Submortal69

you're welcome!

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 10, 2013 7:43 AM   in reply to kglad

Just like to add how helpful this advice has been - saved a complete rebuild in CS6 of several very high profile banners. Thanks.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Oct 10, 2013 9:44 AM   in reply to 3x3 Photo

great.  you're welcome, too.

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 4, 2013 3:36 PM   in reply to kglad

kglad you just saved my bacon. a HUGE thanks for the info, much appreciated (i was beginning to panic a little bit then saw your post and all is good now!)

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 5, 2013 2:57 PM   in reply to emmeh_d

To anyone on OS X that doesn't want to modify the Adobe Flash CC.app (because you shouldn't), you can drop the files into locations similar to those mentioned by Jarkko (#5652006) in your Library folder:

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash CC/en_US/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash CC/en_US/Configuration/Players/FlashPlayer9_0.xml

You locale might be different (mine being "en_US"), and you'll probably have to create the FP9 and Players folders. I used the SWC from Antoine above and everything worked like a charm (#5713272).

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,260 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Dec 5, 2013 3:21 PM   in reply to emmeh_d

you're welcome.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 9, 2014 5:22 AM   in reply to kglad

Thanks for saving my ***! Banners are on their way to the client

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2014 1:52 AM   in reply to kglad

Hey guys,

do you know what's wrong with mine?

I did everything as kglad, Jarkko and Actionscripted instructed, but I end up with somehow corrupted file which is not working properly.

Anyone know what could I do differently?

Screen Shot 2014-01-13 at 11.51.43.png

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 13, 2014 8:24 AM   in reply to AnnemariEerola

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 5:58 AM   in reply to Antoine Bonnin

I'm on Mac too and I tried also that file - didn't make any difference.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 6:18 AM   in reply to AnnemariEerola

Annemari, Have you double checked that the swc file is in correct folder? The message is your screenshot says that playerglobal.swc file was not found.

Maybe you could try adding the swc file to both

/Applications/Adobe Flash CC/Adobe Flash CC.app/Contents/Common/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc

and/or

~/Library/Application Support/Adobe/Flash CC/en_US/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc

(The Tilde (~) in the beginning of the path means your home directory which is usually Machintosh HD > Users > yourUserName)

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 14, 2014 6:34 AM   in reply to Jarkko Syrjälä

Oh, awesome! Seems like that was the problem. Working now, thanks!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 1:35 PM   in reply to Jarkko Syrjälä

Sorry to harp on the same problem. Just upgraded to CC and finding this problem also. I've read thru everything and I am having the error too. It seems like I need to put the file into this path

But the problem is, I don't have this path!! Even when I view all of my hidden folders. I get to Adobe Flash CC.app and its not there.

The error I'm getting in Flash is

Warning: 5004: The file '/Applications/Adobe Flash CC/Adobe Flash CC.app/Contents/Common/Configuration/ActionScript 3.0/FP9/playerglobal.swc', which is required for typechecking ActionScript 3.0, could not be found. You may need to reinstall Flash.

Do I really need to reinstall??

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 1:58 PM   in reply to jt8348

Nevermind, I figured it out. "Show package contents" !

I'm good....thank you to everyone who contributes and helps out the rest of us!

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 4:51 PM   in reply to andykenward

no you cant

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers