Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Dreamweaver CC Crashes Constantly

Jun 18, 2013 6:52 AM

Tags: #crash #dw #cc

Downloaded Dreamweaver CC last night. Cannot keep it open for more than a few seconds. Noticed if I open a file, no code shows in the Code Inspector. If I click the X to close the file, DW CC crashes. Think this release came a out a bit too soon. Buggy as hell.

Replies 1 2 Previous Next
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2013 7:19 AM   in reply to lcg_2012

Try removing the files listed below along with those mentioned above to your desktop.

1) /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0.plist

2) /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0.plist.lockfile

3) /Users/Your User Name/Library/Caches/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0

Restart your computer and Launch DW.

-Harshit yadav

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 7:22 AM   in reply to hyadav

hyadav wrote:

-Harshit yadav

Yes. that's what most people are saying at the moment, lol

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 10:02 AM   in reply to osgood_

Hi

Can you please try changing the default code View fonts to something like Tahoma and check if the problem persists ...

You can do this by going to the Dreamweaver preferences in Edit Menu , Then choose fonts in the Preferences dialog and change Code View font

Let us know if this helps..

..harish

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 10:20 AM   in reply to vharis

Problem persists.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 10:22 AM   in reply to jonfreed77

Can you please post a screenshot of the Code View being blank and if you are on MAc the crash logs too

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 10:24 AM   in reply to vharis

Actually, it doesn't crash, but please see my other thread; problems are still there: http://forums.adobe.com/message/5420680#5420680

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 12:09 PM   in reply to lcg_2012

It does look like the staff is looking into it, but considering this is only one day in, I have no idea when they'll actually push out an update.  Days, weeks???  I assumed there would be little bugs and quirks, but this is ridiculous.  I've quit other apps, disabled all fonts except for system fonts, repaired permssions, un-installed/re-installed the app, etc.  Spent time with customer support, yada-yada-yada.  So, I'm back on CS6 for the time-being, wondering why I spent my money on a beta-product. 

(Not to mention that two out of the four options on Creative Cloud are un-available.  That's just absurd.)  This is a half-baked program and they really should've have made the beta more public (if they did at all?) to work out these bugs.  This is beyond beta; it's like an alpha test, and we are the guinea pigs.  Mac over here, btw.  10.8.4.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 12:40 PM   in reply to lcg_2012

Did you try restarting the machine as suggested in the installation? BTW what OS are you on?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 12:53 PM   in reply to lcg_2012

Bah!! I just missed that you mentioned you are on 10.8.4.  I'm trying to get more insight into the problem here, please help me solve it for you.

->Did you have any custom fonts installed on your machine before you installed Dw?If yes and if the list is not too long can you list them?

-> Did you try to restart dreamweaver after changing Code view font under preferences?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 1:18 PM   in reply to lcg_2012

I'm along with lcg - as a designer, I have a lot of fonts.  I use Suitcase Fusion.  I cannot quite remember if I had it open when I installed, but like lcg - I have too many fonts to list.  Generally when I install things, I close everything else.  I've learned the hard way (mostly on Windows, though) that having other programs open can be disastrous.  I could see fonts corrupting a Photoshop - which is running beautifully - or Illustrator, but a coding & design program?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 1:44 PM   in reply to jonfreed77

CC was crashing on me too, but I did this and the problem went away.

1. Deleted the Dreamweaver CC folder in /Users/Your User Name/Library/Application Support/Adobe.
    2. Deleted the Dreamweaver CC folder in /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences
    3. Deleted /Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0.plist
    4. Deleted/Users/Your User Name/Library/Preferences/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0.plist.lockfile
    5. Deleted/Users/Your User Name/Library/Caches/com.adobe.dreamweaver-13.0
    6. Restarted the computer.
    7. Opened Dreamweaver CC
    8. Set up the workspace the way I wanted it
    9. Saved the workspace
    10. Quit Dreamweaver CC
    11. Restarted again.

I have no idea what was important and what wasn't, but it seemed to work.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 2:25 PM   in reply to acornistic

Those are the precise steps Adobe walked me through, not to mention, but they are also at the top of this thread.  I'm happy it's working for you, but that did not solve my crashes.  What OS are you on?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:05 PM   in reply to jonfreed77

I'm on Mac OS X Lion (10.7.5).

The steps outlined at the top of the thread didn't work for me until I created and saved a workspace.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:55 PM   in reply to acornistic

Hi lcg_2012

This issue has been reported, and the team is looking into it. Will keep you posted. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 4:14 PM   in reply to Preran

Tried all remedies posted in this thread and am still consistently crashing. Creating fluid grid layouts is a bust and don't even think of touching the close tab (X) button. Guess we'll have to wait...

Mac OSX 10.8.4

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 1:24 PM   in reply to lcg_2012

Hi Icg_2012,

People facing similar issue, posted following resolution in another thread recently.

Please give it a try and confirm if they work for you. (Third point looks most promising)

---------------------------------------------------------------------- ----------------------

20 Jun, 2013 8:24 AM in reply to pcepp  

I found a solution that worked for me.

I removed all the fonts that Adobe CC installed out of my Library:Fonts folder and just left in the Apple Basic fonts like Arial, Courier etc... Launched Dreamweaver CC and the CSS designer panel works. I have no idea exactly which font it is, or creating the conflict. All I know is that it works great now.

|

20 Jun, 2013 10:11 AM in reply to dogdog63

very strange - I installed Illustrator CC and then I had no more problems with Dreamweaver! No more crashes when close or create files and no more problems with the CSS designer. Error messages during create fluid grid layouts are also gone ...

• Michel:

I think I figured it out on the Mac. Be sure that Verdana is activated in Font Book. What tipped me off to this was a warning I was receiving when trying to open After Effects. It was saying that the program needed Verdana for the user interface to work. I thought that maybe Dreamweaver needed Verdana too. Sure enough! Hope this helps you guys.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 1:48 PM   in reply to Reach Puneet

Hi Reach, 

Instead of posting other member's work-arounds and hacks to get your program working, don't you have enough info to pass on to your engineers.  I see there's already a new patch for Photoshop, so stop jerking us around.  If it's a font issue, get someone to push out an update with the correct fonts.  I can't speak for everyone here, but we're working professionals that just need our programs to work correctly.  Even if this gets us up-and-running, what happens if a new set of problems occur.  I have really lost faith in Adobe right now, and especially their customer service.

Jon

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 2:05 PM   in reply to jonfreed77

Hi Jon,

Trust me, Team is already working on resolving this issue, and these inputs are being passed on them in real time.

I totally understand your concern.

This is just an attempt to share a temp workaround to unblock our valued users for time being.

Apologies if you felt otherwise.

Thanks,

Puneet

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 9:43 PM   in reply to Reach Puneet

Verified Fix :

For all the Dreamweaver crashes on opening Fluid Grid pages , Closing Documents or opening files

Please make sure the default system fonts are all enabled - especially Verdana

On MAC -

Open Font BOOK from Applications

Activate VERDANA FAmily of Fonts

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 5:02 PM   in reply to vharis

I uninstalled and deleted all my preferences and related files. Verdana was already open. Reinstalled and still have constant crashes. Obviously Dreamweaver CC wasn't ready for prime time. Too bad the release had to be pushed to meet the Adobe upgrade schedule.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 6:24 PM   in reply to hyadav

Is this a Mac fix?? I do not see a folder Library in C/Users/MyName/ on my Windows 7 system.  Also all the other fixes seem to be aiming at Mac, you need to address the problem for Windows 7.

Here is the windows Fault Report:

Faulting application name: Dreamweaver.exe, version: 13.0.0.6390, time stamp: 0x5170485c

Faulting module name: Dreamweaver.exe, version: 13.0.0.6390, time stamp: 0x5170485c

Exception code: 0xc0000005

Fault offset: 0x0097d377

Faulting process id: 0xce0

Faulting application start time: 0x01ce72cf7af7393c

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Dreamweaver CC\Dreamweaver.exe

Report Id: f887e553-dec2-11e2-b3cb-6cf04990d253

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 6:31 PM   in reply to Reach Puneet

There seems to be a lot of Advice for Mac Users, but the problem is not limited to Macs.  I have windows 7 and the same problem is there to, and the "fixes" will not work on Windows - no Library folder in C/Users/MyName/ on a windows computer.  Activating Fonts in Windows??? again is not a valid fix...

I do suggest YOU people FIX the problems yourself and issue a patch or update on ALL of the software that is buggy instead of offering bad advice!  This should have been called a Beta version!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 7:06 PM   in reply to KeithAus

Hi Keith,

Can you try out the solutions in this doc, and let us know if you still have problems?

http://helpx.adobe.com/dreamweaver/kb/troubleshoot-crash-dreamweaver-c c.html

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 7:23 PM   in reply to Preran

Which versions of Tahoma should be enabled? I see Regular, Normal, Bold and Negreta. With all enabled, Regular and Normal conflict and Bold and Negreta conflict.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 7:42 PM   in reply to Preran

Did not fix the problem!

I can create a new FGL and the program continues to work, however, once I start editing changing styles in the css that’s when it crashes.

If I open the file I previously created in FGL it crashes straight away, however, if I open a standard HTML file WITHOUT FGL it works fine, no crashing.

It seems apparent that it is in the FGL in CC where the problem exists.

Regards,

Keith

M: 0408 741 287 | E:  <mailto:kau42686@bigpond.net.au> kau42686@bigpond.net.au

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 7:52 PM   in reply to Preran

Further, the files I created in CC will open ok in CS6 and CS6 doesn’t crash, so there is a problem in CC itself in FGL I do suggest you look closely at CC FGL.

I also have a query about file locations.

When you create a new FGL some of the css/js files are in the C:/Program Files/Adobe/*** folder and the code in the HTML points to that folder.  This creates a problem when you need to upload your site to an online server, I think this “defaulting” of the source files needs to be looked at.  We shouldn’t have to ‘copy and relocate’ these files for the system to work.

Regards,

Keith

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 9:56 PM   in reply to KeithAus

Hi ,

Posting a solution I found in another thread,

For the Fluid Grid page(s) you are working on, does the related .css file(s) contain any “Media Queries”? If so, please open the .css file in Dreamweaver CC as a separate file and ensure that the curly braces ‘{‘ for the Media Queries are properly paired (opened and closed) and save the .css file. Then try to open the Fluid Grid page in Dreamweaver CC.

Please let us know if this resolves your issue.

Thanks,

Harish

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 10:44 PM   in reply to vharis

All code is correct, this would not cause Dreamweaver to shut down with an error it would only cause the web page(s) to not display or display correctly.

Please do not came up with LAME fixes.  The fault is within the program!!!

Regards,

Keith

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 20, 2013 8:46 PM   in reply to KeithAus

Hi Keith,

We sincere apologize for the inconvenience caused by the crashes

Can you please send over the FG files to vharis_@_Adobe_._com(please ignore the underscores) , so that we could try and repro the problems at our end ??

..Harish

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 27, 2013 11:09 PM   in reply to vharis

I could send them to you, but, one would think that IF my files were at fault, that CS6 would crash as well.  IF my files were at fault.

But CS6 does not crash, so it is reasonable to believe that the problem is within CC

Also, I proof read ALL of my files to avoid errors, or sites not working.  I cannot see how a missing curly brace in css code could cause Dreamweaver to crash.  If the program is that sensitive that it is going to crash it needs to be looked at and fixed. However, in this case, there is no missing Curly brace

Like I said, the problem is in CC not in CS6. So, whatever changes you made between the 2 versions of the program needs to be looked at.

It is easy for a large company like Adobe, or Microsoft to lay blame on the user, however, when the user is not at fault, the blame must be accepted by the large companies.

Your product should have been tested a lot more before going live with it, the same as a good web developer tests their sites before going live.

If anything, as a suggestion, you may want to look at highlighting any errors like missing curly braces, to assist the less experienced user.

Regards,

Keith

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 28, 2013 1:18 PM   in reply to KeithAus

Hi Keith,

We value your feedback. And yes, we are looking towards taking care of the FG bug in the next update.

While we have solved many such issues through the font and media query route, we still have a small bunch that isn't being addressed by these two fixes.

Like any detective, we need clues to arrive at the root of the problem, and we try to rule out the usual suspects before we zero in on the rest. In this respect, your cooperation helps us a great deal.

Thanks,

Preran

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 5:04 AM   in reply to lcg_2012

Dreamweaver CC is very buggy, crashes all the time - trying a number of different settings. Certainly having Dreamweaver and Photoshop together makes the whole thing very flaky (CS6 Photoshop and DW were fine). Not using any of the amazing new features in DMW, the code is fairly basic stuff.

|
    Mark as:
1 2 Previous Next
Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (2)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points