Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Ability to add ActionScript 2.0 support in Flash CC

Jun 18, 2013 7:39 AM

Is there someway we can copy over files from Flash CS6 into Flash CC to enable ActionScript 2.0 support again or has it been removed from the programs code?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2013 7:45 AM   in reply to KenneyNL

Totally removed as2 support in CC. It will open a fla with as2 but remove the code.

|
    Mark as:
  • kglad
    72,253 posts
    Jul 21, 2002
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2013 8:06 AM   in reply to KenneyNL

it might not be possible and, if it is, it would require adding a playerglobal.swc that supports as2 to your library path and adding an as2 compatibile template.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 9:33 AM   in reply to KenneyNL

I'm sorry Kenney.  Adobe announced a lot of months ago they would drop support for AS2.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 6:51 PM   in reply to KenneyNL

You can try yourself by creating a new Flash Player configuration file that uses an asversion target of "2"

On Mac OS X you'll find the player configuration file at Adobe Flash CC/Adobe Flash CC.app/Contents/Common/Configuration/Players

Copy one of the FlashPlayer xml profiles there and change it to target asversion="2". You will also need to point to the proper playerglobal.swc as well for the version of Flash Player you are using.

A set of complete instructions on how to add in other versions of Flash Player targetting in Flash Professional can be found at

http://forums.adobe.com/message/3724540

Good luck, and let us know if it works.

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 7, 2013 6:43 AM   in reply to KenneyNL

You can still download Flash Pro CS6 from https://creative.adobe.com/products/flash and get your AS2 support back.  Go to the dropdown under "In This Version" and select Adobe Flash CS6 to download instead of the CC version. We have multiple FLA files made with AS2 and don't have the time to recode them all.  I went back to CS6 to do periodic minor updates on those old files.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 23, 2013 12:43 PM   in reply to KenneyNL

This is a pretty huge problem for me. I work with some big brands that have a looooot of legacy flash files. Going back to CS6 for sure. Can't imagine it's really necessary to remove support for this considering there's still so much of it floating around, and it's only one version back.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 28, 2013 2:25 PM   in reply to kang0372

I needed an AS2 solution and only having a Cloud Subscription and no previous version of the Creative Suite this saved my bacon today. You're a champ! This information needs to be pinned on the forums for easy access.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 3:17 AM   in reply to KenneyNL

It looks like they removed the link or am I missing something?

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 12, 2013 3:20 AM   in reply to Dazzie

Never mind, you need to be logged in for the dropdown to show up on the link which Kang0372 gave.

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 14, 2013 4:37 AM   in reply to Dazzie

Why did they remove this!? A lot of people (like myself) still use AS2 for simple quick coding stuff.

They should put it back in, since they can now with the cloud and updates.

|
    Mark as:
    Jan 24, 2014 2:44 AM   in reply to KenneyNL

agree, adobe made a lot of mistakes these years against developers

so if they want to keep generations of actionscript developers they must

continue to support as2 because it concerns hundred of thousands companies and developers

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points