Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

System manager error

Jun 18, 2013 7:52 AM

Not sure if this is fixed in the latest version of Flex framework but I'm just reporting that I got this error this morning. The SystemManager constructor was called when the currentFrame was at 2 Please add this SWF to bug 129782.

Full trace was:

Error: The SystemManager constructor was called when the currentFrame was at 2 Please add this SWF to bug 129782.

at mx.managers::SystemManager()

at _ApplicationUpdaterDialogs_mx_managers_SystemManager()

at flash.display::NativeWindow/_activate()

at flash.display::NativeWindow/activate()

at spark.components::WindowedApplication/enterFrameHandler()[E:\dev\4.y\ frameworks\projects\airspark\src\spark\components\WindowedApplication. as:2387]

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2013 9:22 AM   in reply to John Hall

What version are you running.  In theory this message was removed in Flex 4.1

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 11:44 AM   in reply to John Hall

Odd.  My copy of the sources does not include that error.  Maybe you are having a configuration problem?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 12:43 PM   in reply to John Hall

How easy is it to reproduce?  Can you reproduce in the debugger?  If so, the source should match up, but my copy doesn't have that error in there.

You could also look at a link-report to see where it is pulling classes from.

-Alex

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 1:36 PM   in reply to John Hall

You're not using FlashBuilder?  It comes with the sources for SystemManager.as.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 9:49 PM   in reply to John Hall

Strange.  The source-attachments should be set up to point to the sdks folder in your FlashBuilder install.  Go to project properties/build paths/libraries and click on the triangles to see the source attachments settings for the various SWCs.

I'm thinking there is some monkey-patched systemmanager sitting around.  What does the link-report say about SystemManager?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 9:50 PM   in reply to John Hall

Well, maybe, but even 4.5 shouldn't have that error.  Theoretically, all SWCs involved in a project must be compiled with the same SDK version as the app or else there could be trouble.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 11:58 PM   in reply to John Hall

The link report should have a <script name="… for SystemManager.  Post it and I'll look at it tomorrow.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 7:07 AM   in reply to John Hall

OK, the second one says that the correct SystemManager is being used in your app.  However, in my version of the source, that error message is not there.

Could you be loading any external SWFs that use an older version of Flex?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 10:55 AM   in reply to John Hall

Most people's preloader swfs don't have SystemManager in them, but maybe yours does?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 23, 2013 9:21 PM   in reply to John Hall

Only SWFs (including SWF's pulled from SWCs and loaded as RSLs) are candidates to have SystemManager linked in and run.  Hopefully you know the full set of SWFs loadable by your SWF.  You can use the swfdump utility with the –abc option to dump every SWF and see if there is a SystemManager in it and further look for that error message in the output.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points