Skip navigation
PE11 LR5
Currently Being Moderated

I have PE11and LR5 and want to use/create one catalog or source file.

Jun 18, 2013 8:51 AM

Tags: #catalog #photoshop_elements_11

When I use the LR5 function "upgrade PE catalogue" for use in LR5 it works very well (first time! great new function) - however - it does not recognize the 6000 photos the still are in the subfolders from "my pictures" like c:/my pictures/adobe/digital camera/date these files where created by earlier PE versions.

So the question(s) are:

1. How to move all the photos in sub folders from "my pictures" - without having to do that one by one - so the LR5 function "upgrade PE catalogue" will recognise all the photos

2. Is there another way to build one source file "my pictures" to use both in PE11 and LR5 without loosing metadata - qualifications and tags. I have a large collection of photos (>15.000) as I work on (semi) professional base since a number of years.

thanks to all the wizards....

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2013 9:41 AM   in reply to PE11 LR5

Are these "left behind" files in formats recognized by Lightroom? What are the formats of these photo files?

Is there another way to build one source file "my pictures" to use both in PE11 and LR5 without loosing metadata - qualifications and tags. I have a large collection of photos (>15.000) as I work on (semi) professional base since a number of years.

thanks to all the wizards....

Are you saying that (other than for these 6000 files that were not converted), the metadata did not show up in Lightroom? If so, that is not the expected result.

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2013 11:29 AM   in reply to PE11 LR5

No the left behind photos in the subfolders were not imported in Lightroom

tx for your interest

I don't think you answered either of my questions, and thus I am not able to help further.

So, to ask again, hoping for a direct answer this time:

1. Are these "left behind" files in formats recognized by Lightroom? What are the formats of these photo files?

2. Are you saying that (other than for these 6000 files that were not converted), the metadata did not show up in Lightroom?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points