Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Installing Nik Software in Photoshop CC.

Jun 18, 2013 11:07 AM

Tags: #adobe #install #cloud #nik_software #photoshop_cc

How do I install Nik software into Photoshop CC when the host box remains empty. You have the option of a custom host but what do I choose? Would really appreciate some help. Thanks.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2013 11:16 AM   in reply to Daznic

Run the nik installation programme, it will not detect Photoshop CC so you have to add it to the progs nik software will install in. Press the +button and add the path to the plug in folder in the Photoshop programme directory.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 2:45 PM   in reply to Dave Rosser

Already tried Dave Rosser's suggestion, it does not work. The Nik files do get loaded into the plug-ins directory but CC does not recognize them.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:17 PM   in reply to Roy Berger

Thought I would share this from another forum (worked for me):

spedruco  says:

Thought I'd pass on, but I got NIK to work on Photoshop CC by copying the folder Google from the Photoshop CS6 plugin folder and pasting it into the Photoshop CC plugin folder on a Windows machine at least.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:18 PM   in reply to Roy Berger

Copied the Google folder (containing the NIK plugins) from the PS CS6 plugin folder to the PS CC plugin folder. PS CC recognizes all (Windows 7 64 bit).

Graham

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:31 PM   in reply to Graham in NC

I am running Windows 8 64 bit. I also tried copying the folder from CS6 (where they work fine with Win 8) to CC but the filters do not show up in the PS CC filters list.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 3:36 PM   in reply to Roy Berger

For the record, I am running Win8 64-bit as well.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 4:29 PM   in reply to visualtotems

Got it!!! I did not realize that it was necessary to copy the Google plug-ing files from both the 32 bit and the 64 bit version of CS6 to both the 32 and 64 bit version of CC. I had been trying to get the plug ins to work but had just been copy the file from 64 bit version to 64 bit version. Works great now!!! I am a happy camper. Thanks to all who responded.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 5, 2013 6:58 PM   in reply to Daznic

I've just checked it on Mac OS X (10.8.4). Works without any problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2013 7:18 PM   in reply to Dave Rosser

I did just what you said but the Nik filters are not showing up in Photoshop CC. When I go to Program Files>Adobe>Photoshop CC>Plugins>Google, everything is there, just not showing up.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 22, 2013 7:18 PM   in reply to Roy Berger

I don't have both 32 and 64 bit of either one on my computer.

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 27, 2013 3:31 PM   in reply to patski107

same here, I only had 64bit CS5 on my machine.   So far no NIK stuff showing

in filters........  ;-(

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 5:59 PM   in reply to Daznic

I use an up-to-date iMac and I had similar problems.  However, I found the trick that appears to work.  Google's instructions are incomplete - at least for Macs.  You need to direct the installation to go one extra step: Photoshop CC>Plugins>Nik Software.  I had prior installed Nik Software for one of the pre-Google applications and had thereby automatically created the Nik Software folder in Plugins.  I found you may need to manually create such a folder prior to installation and then be sure to direct the installation to go all the way to that folder within Plugins - and not just to Plugins.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 6:37 PM   in reply to TomCoynerSeoul

Thanks Tom... just tried that with my WIN 7 install and there are

still no filters installed........     I had high hopes

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 2, 2013 9:07 PM   in reply to hodad66

I contacted Nik support and they sent me a link to download the Nik collection and this time it worked. I don't understand it, because the file I downloaded had the same name as the one I had been using to

install Nik. I now have my Topaz and Nik filters. Wahoo.

Thanks to everyone for their suggestions.

Pat

|
    Mark as:
    Nov 18, 2013 12:53 AM   in reply to Daznic

I have a related issue...

I have been successfully using Nik software from within PS CC for several months.  However about a month ago, the Nik stuff disappeared from my Filter menu.  After much frustration and a Nik reinstall, it came back.  I have been using it fine for the past month.  I have just gone into PS now and it has disappeared again.  Does anyone else have this issue?  I shouldn't have to keep reinstalling my Nik software every few weeks because PS keeps forgetting about it!!! Help!!!

|
    Mark as:
    Dec 8, 2013 3:10 PM   in reply to UncleDobby

Mine did not work until I moved the google directory under panels, see below:

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Photoshop CC (64 Bit)\Plug-ins\Panels\Google

Then everything shows up. 

Hope this works.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points