Skip navigation
Geronimosan
Currently Being Moderated

Edit in Audition is greyed out in PPro CC

Jun 18, 2013 3:14 PM

Have an audio clip in my PPro CC timeline. Right-clicking it shows "Edit Clip in Adobe Audition" as greyed out.  (Edit video clip in After Effects works fine)

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2013 5:05 PM   in reply to Geronimosan

we would need details about your system.

Please check this FAQ for providing the exact details to give better suggestions :

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/961741?tstart=0

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 5:23 PM   in reply to Geronimosan

i appreciate your prompt response to all the questions.

It's working fine at my end with a wav file. Are you able to reproduce this with multiple wav files?

What is the source of those wav clips.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 7:26 PM   in reply to Geronimosan

The underlying mechanism for enabling that menu option, checks if Audition is installed.  The crude way Premiere checks if Audition is installed is that it checks the Windows registry for whichever application is registered to handle the file extension *.sesx or *.ses (in the case of Audition 3 and before).  If it can't find that, it will disable the menu command.

So if you have a .sesx file from Audition, and you double-click on it, does it Actually launch Audition?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 9:17 AM   in reply to Charles VW

I have the same problem with CS6, the edit clip in adobe audition is greyed out.  Worked fine with CS5.5 and Audition 3.   When double-clicking on a .sesx file Audition is not lauched.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 9:24 AM   in reply to EricSve1

To be more precise, "edit in adobe audition" is working in the main menu but in the submenu "open in adobe audition" is greyed out. Thanks

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 26, 2013 8:30 PM   in reply to EricSve1

If Audition isn't launched when you double-click on a SESX file, then you may wish to reinstall Audition.  I know that's not a fun process, but it looks as if something isn't set up right.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 1:48 PM   in reply to Geronimosan

I had this problem and fixed it pretty quick without the need to uninstall and reinstall.

Look for the default .sesx files in your Document/Adobe/Audition/6.0/Session Templates folder (on Windows 7)

There should be a list of preset .sesx files. Right-click one and set its default application as Adobe Audition by using the "open with" option.

Once I did this I double-clicked to open the .sesx files with Audition, closed it, opened Premiere Pro CC and VUAAA-LAAA the button is available and fully functional.

Hope this helps someone!

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 16, 2013 9:14 AM   in reply to JohnnyZ001

JoynnyZ001 thank you SO MUCH for providing a way around the above discussed problem WITHOUT having to mess about installing and uninstalling.  I'm running Adobe CC on a newly installed system and so there is no way I should be having to re-install software already - your fix worked

jON

|
    Mark as:
    Aug 31, 2013 5:58 AM   in reply to sn0wctrl

JoynnyZ001 Than you so freaking Much!!!! i have had this problem since i updated to CC and no answers as to why or how to fix it!!! Glad i finally stumbled upon this thread!!! Got it fixed and it works like a charm!! Very Happy! Thank you again!

|
    Mark as:
    Sep 18, 2013 4:37 PM   in reply to JohnnyZ001

This method definitely led to me fixing my problem. What I discovered in the Document/Adobe/ folder was TWO Adobe folders: one had Audition in it, the other had Premiere and some others. So while I had tried everything listed in this thread to no avail, when I copied the first folder over to the second it now works as expected.

|
    Mark as:
    Oct 18, 2013 2:23 AM   in reply to JohnnyZ001

there's a problem because I can't choose audition as the software the file would open with. I choose it but it never appear on the list of softwares. I don't know how to say it but it doesnt work. Does anyone know what's wrong? And I have this same graying problem, and using Premiere Pro CS 6 (and autition cs 6). Windows 7. (Audition works fine by its own.)

I wonder if I did something wrong in installation.  For example Does it matter if I choose to install the 64bit versions or the other one..?

Thanks.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points