Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Link & Locate NIGHTMARE!

Jun 18, 2013 5:45 PM

Tags: #offline #relink #media #link&locate

Spend the last bit updating all my software to CC version, and am already regretting it. I have been presented with a verrrry annoying and extremely perplexing issue with PPro specifically.

I opened up a project I've been painlessley on in CS6 to be presented with the always-happy-to-see-you Media Offline screen on a few Dynamic Linked clips. I say to myself "hey, this will be a great opportunity to check out how useful the new Link & Locate feature is! Well...it is not.

My media hasnt moved since the upgrade, and L&L has no problem finding the said .aep file. But when I go to click "select" in the dialogue box, nothing happens. At all. The file is there, it hasnt changed, it just wont open up. It's like they hid a line of code in the "select" button that has the sole intent of pissing me off.

So I try some things. First, I make another duplicate of the file, and move it to a different folder. Nothing. Then I try using Windows Explorer to select it (via disabling "Use Media Browser to Locate Files"). Nothing.

I cannot figure it out. Nothing I have tried will actually let me SELECT the file that never changed.

Thankfully I'm not an idiot, and I can still work in CS6, but this is going to annoy me if it is not a wide-spread error.

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2013 8:00 PM   in reply to KulorDS

stupid question; did you open the aep in after effects and see if it needs to be upgraded to a newer version, which might be why the new tech can't read or find it? Annoying as all hell I agree, and I'm about to be in that same boat and do not want to upgrade/rename 10+aeps on one file multiple times...

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2013 8:12 PM   in reply to KulorDS

This may be yet another case of ignoring the general wisdom to only start new projects in a new version of your software.  The test would be how does a CC created project, with DLs to AE CC behave?

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points