Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

premiere cc. too many problems

Jun 18, 2013 7:30 PM

32 gb ram.  1TB raptor HDD I7 gTX 650. Win 8 64

Im opening a cs6 dynamic link.

1 Forcing me to change both premiere and ae filenames breaks the dynamic link for my 10 clips

2.Premiere forces me to change all my scratch disc locations to default each time I open the program

3. I must logn in and sign adobe tos everytime I start up.

4. in cs6 I could run a red timeline in realtime at 1/4, now it stutters and locks up on the same file.

5. cs6 ran superfast with very few issues, what am I doing wrong?

Ive had nothing but problems and 0 joy so far from premire cc

Any Suggestions?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 18, 2013 7:43 PM   in reply to stevengotts

that sucks.

I'm running a core i7 2600k, 32gb ram, geforce gtx 680, 256gb samsung 840 ssd with a 1tb raptor scratch and additional less used stuff dumped on a 2tb storage drive on win 8 64bit as well and have had zero issues with premiere cc except that I can't get filenames to showup on my audio files in the timeline.

Super fast otherwise, but I did a clean install using iobit uninstaller to wipe my pc of all things adobe first.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 7:56 PM   in reply to stevengotts

it's not without problems my friend, haha.

I have some issues with it and myself, was on hold with adobe for 2 hours figuring some stuff out so complain away.

I really hope I don't have these dynamic link issues because manually opening a bunch of ae files to upgrade them as well is going to cause me nothing but problems.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 18, 2013 9:25 PM   in reply to stevengotts

I swear that every time I see your name I do a doubletake.

You should not have to log in more than once. That is all I had to do. Perhaps your firewall is causing a problem?

How does it force you to change the scratch disk locations to the default? What is the message exactly?

I have noticed no speed differences. In fact, I just produced a quick Copy Attributes tutorial and did the same thing in CS6 and in CC. Seemed the same to me.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 6:37 AM   in reply to stevengotts

My "L" is for "Lawrence".

It appears that exporting through the AME (which I seldom do) is the same speed in CC. I have seen reports that it wasn't. However, they seem to be false.

In CC I just exported a 34 second timeline to my usual YouTube settings in 39 seconds. I tried the exact same timeline in CS6 and came out exactly the same within statistical limits. (Human response time on the stopwatch caused a half second difference in CC's favor the first time and about the same in the other direction the second time I did the comparison.)

By the way, did you remember to set up CC to use hardware acceleration? I had to go back in and apply the workaround (delete the cuda card file) and I have a very popular card (GTX670). You would think they would get off their tails and test that one.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 6:46 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

Wait, I shouldn't use gpu acceleration?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 6:53 AM   in reply to lostmile

Yes, you should use GPU acceleration (that is what I meant by hardware - sorry).

But I had to set mine up again when I upgraded to CC using the infamous "hack".

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 6:55 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

yes, i remember that.

CC at least had my 680 by default this time.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 6:56 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

I had to go back in and apply the workaround (delete the cuda card file)

You actually don't with PP CC.  The option is never grayed out.  But if you enable it without a compatible card, you'll get a warning telling you it's not a compatible card.  Click OK and it turns on anyway.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 6:58 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Jim is correct...you no longer have to hack!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 6:59 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Oh. OK.

I just figured it was the same old same old and deleted the file. I actually wrote a batch file to do the job for CS6. Remember batch files? Every time an update would come out I had the problem. So after the second time I wrote the batch file and the shortcut sits in my "Tech Tools" folder on my desktop.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 7:41 AM   in reply to Steven L. Gotz

Steven L. Gotz wrote:

I actually wrote a batch file to do the job for CS6.

+1 for nerdy awesomeness!

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 6:40 PM   in reply to stevengotts

In Premiere CC, go to File-->Project Settings-->General.  In "Renderer", select MPE GPU Acceleration (CUDA).  I think you might receive a warning that your GPU is not officially supported, but choose to select it anyways.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 7:26 PM   in reply to stevengotts

There are reports of older projects slowing down in CC7.  Test it with a new project.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 11:15 PM   in reply to stevengotts

Apparently the hack is no longer required, but there are two ways to hack the file. One is to change it. The other is to simply delete it. Then I get no error message and everything works fine.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 6:01 AM   in reply to stevengotts

I doubt it will help from what has been said before, but it certainly can't hurt, so....

C:\Program Files\Adobe\Adobe Premiere Pro CC\cuda_supported_cards.txt

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 20, 2013 8:01 AM   in reply to stevengotts

The only other thing I can think of is the communication between CC and CS6 programs/files.  When you opened your PPro CS6 project file in PPro CC, it was converted to a PPro CC project file.  However, all of your dynamically-linked After Effects comps are still AE CS6 project files.

I would open every AE CS6 project file in AE CC, which will convert it to a AE CC project file.  Save the converted project to a new filename.  Then, relink all the linked AE projects in your PPro CC project to point to the new AE CC project files.

This way, your PPro CC project will be linked to AE CC project files.  There might be additional overhead when linking a PPro CC project with AE CS6 project files, which might explain the performance issues you mention.

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points