Skip navigation
BWizard
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Elements 11 stops responding at Exporter Quick Time Host.Bundle. Can this be fix?

Jun 18, 2013 10:04 PM

Tags: #problem #mac #elements #11 #premiere_elements #premiere_elements_11

I'm having a problem with my Premiere Elements 11 which has start happening recently. This problem occurs after I sucessfully open & close any of my projects in Premiere Elements 11. After closing Premiere and trying to go back on it when I want to use it again it stops responding when it reaches Exporter Quick Time Host.bundle. I have a OSX version 10.8.4 and QuickTime Player version 10.2. Does anyone know if this problem can be fix?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2013 5:15 AM   in reply to BWizard

What model of camcorder is your video coming from and what format and resolution is it? How did you get the video from your camcorder onto your computer?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 7:40 AM   in reply to BWizard

You're mixing two very different resolutions and formats of video in your project -- which version 11 can do, but not without some potential liabilty. But if it works for you, it works. If not, then you'll need to do it the more straightforward way.

I'm not sure what you're doing when you "I duplicated 2 of the videos from the "PRIVATE" folder by going into Quick Time Player > File > Duplicate" or why you're doing it, so I can't comment. But you should ensure that your footage stays in its original format when you bring it into Premiere Elements: MPEG for the Sony and MTS for the Canon. These formats include indicators that the program uses when it imports them to determine their properties.

In version 11, the first clip you set on your timeline will, by default, set your project's settings. What are your project settings? You can see them listed under your Edit menu.

You may also want to manually set up a project manually using the settings for Full AVCHD 1920x1080, even if you don't actually use this project. This will cue the program to download and activate the necessary components for working with AVCHD video and may prevent you're seeing that strange message you're seeing.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 8:08 AM   in reply to BWizard

ExporterQuickTimeHost QT Version http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1109614 may help

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 8:40 AM   in reply to BWizard

You definitely should not convert the MTS file to an MPEG before you load it into the same project with your Sony footage. Not in version 11.

Converting is touchy business. If you don't create the file you need precisely you often end up with a file that's actually less compatible than your original file.

Version 11 does a great job of assimilating a mixture of video formats. Keep the video in its original format and follow my instructions above and you should get excellent results.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 9:04 AM   in reply to BWizard

BWizard

Lately several times when I am starting a new Premiere Elements 11 project, the loading stops at your "...stops responding at Exporter Quick Time Host.bundle....". I have been too busy to get at the whys, but I have found a way to move beyond it.

Right click the Taskbar, select Task Manager/Processes. Look to "ElementsOrga" which I believe corresponds to the ElementsOrganizerSyncAgent.exe and End the process. Almost instantaneously Premiere Elements 11 will open to the new project.

I need to find time to figure out why, but for now it keeps be moving forward in what I am doing.

Please let us know if that works for you the way it has been working for me.

Thanks.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 9:39 AM   in reply to BWizard

BWizard

I am strictly an Elements Windows user, but I will try to figure that out in terms of a Mac computer and get back to you.

I have been asking SG to do my Windows to Mac translations so maybe he will see this post and answer before I get back to your thread.

Let me see what I can find.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 9:47 AM   in reply to BWizard

BWizard

Please check out the following online article on Mac ending a process to see if it looks like it will do the task that I described in the Windows computer environment.

http://osxdaily.com/2010/08/15/mac-task-manager/

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 10:07 AM   in reply to A.T. Romano

I'm not quite sure how to do this on a Mac, ATR. Many of its processes are hidden away and harder to get to than they are on a Windows machine. sorry.

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 12:18 PM   in reply to BWizard

BWizard

Thanks for the follow up. Just wanted to ask "Did you find a file in Premiere Elements 11 Mac named ElementsOrganizerSyncAgent.exe and was that the process that you clicked Quit to? If not, what process did you click Quit to?

Also, do you have any other version of Premiere Elements on your Mac computer besides version 11?

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 19, 2013 7:10 PM   in reply to BWizard

BWizard

That is great news, the working properly now part. It is typically best to know the whys, but from time to time the whys defy surfacing.

Hope you do not have the problem again, but, if you do, please post again. My same problem (but on Windows) mysteriously comes and goes, but I have the Task Manager Processes End Process workaround. When and if I figure this issue out, I will post what it was all about.

Thanks for the follow up.

ATR

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2014 5:17 PM   in reply to A.T. Romano

I ran into a similar issue on Premiere Elements 11 using Windows 7:  On program launch, the system hung on "Quicktimehost.pm".  After some troubleshooting with no success, I:

1) Uninstalled Quicktime version 7.7.5

2) Installed Quickitme version 7.6

3) rebooted my machine

4) SUCCESS-> launched Premiere Elements 11 without issue

Hope this helps a few others!

|
    Mark as:
    Apr 10, 2014 5:35 PM   in reply to haakonfaktor2

haakonfaktor2

Thanks for sharing what has worked for you with this Quicktimehost.pm hang up.

Problems with the same symptoms can (often do) have different causes. Such as in this type of situation.

But it is helpful to keep a history on what works and does not work for users of the product.

I have not run into problems with QuickTime going back many versions of it and Premiere Elements - Window 7, 8, or 8.1 64 bit.

Continued success with Premiere Elements 11 projects.

Thanks again.

ATR

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points