Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Premiere Pro CC > Bad GPU-Performance...?

Jun 18, 2013 11:23 PM

Tags: #pro #premiere #cc

Hi,

I just have testet the new Premiere Pro CC...

Could it be that the GPU-Performace is now totally slow???

I have a 1080i Project, and if I just use a Chromakey (Ultrakey) with activated MercuryEngine (CUDA), the playback stutters extremely!

If I try the same in CS6, everything plays smoothly!

Is this a joke???

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2013 8:41 AM   in reply to Christian1979de

Seems to be working fine here.  Are you sure CUDA is enabled?

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 3:48 PM   in reply to Christian1979de

Hi Christian1979de,

Did you create a new project in Premiere Pro CC, or did you import a Premiere Pro CS6 project into Premiere Pro CC?

Thanks,

Kevin

|
    Mark as:
    Jun 21, 2013 3:55 PM   in reply to Christian1979de

Hello,

Could you please provide some details on what type of footage you are trying to playback?  (Example :: MXF from a camera / AVI:MJPEG compressed /MOV:H264)

Thank you,

-Nathan

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 2, 2013 8:12 AM   in reply to Nate Boerman

I am having the same problem.  Using Prores 422, on a raid 5, with 16gb RAM, i7-3770K, graphics card GTX 560. 

Now I am having stuttery playback when I try to multicam 4 streams of video in CC.  Didn't have that problem in CS6.  Could the length of my multicam sequence also be making a difference?  The one I am working on in CC is about half an hour longer than typical for me.

Thanks,

Jim

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 8:28 AM   in reply to jim_miesner

I update this thread. For me the performance in Premiere CC is a bit "terrible". Is this related to my old projects created with CS6?

My GTX680 4GB seems that doesn't changes performance speed with GPU enabled or not. In CS6 i can playback smoothly AVCHD files from my MKII or GH2. In CC the yellow line makes all stutter...

My system:

i7 980x

Intel DX58SO

12GB Ram

ASUS GTX680 4GB

Bests,

Roberto

------------------------------------------------------------

Edit

Ok,it all seems related to CS6 projects. I've run a long session with new projects,AE compositions winth Dynamic Link and goes really smooth.

My bad!

Bests,

Roberto

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 10:59 AM   in reply to jim_miesner

I try to multicam 4 streams of video in CC

Careful there.

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/1236698?tstart=90

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 11:02 AM   in reply to ActionCamStudio

In CS6 i can playback smoothly AVCHD files from my MKII or GH2.

It's important to note that the GPU doesn't help at all with simple playback.  It will only come into play with effects, scaling, frame rate conversion, blend modes, etc.  Clips in a matching sequence with no effects won't use GPU acceleration at all, so if that's what's stutering, something else is going on.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 11:51 AM   in reply to Jim Simon

Yep,what i mean is that in CS6 the same project run smooth with effects applied and the yellow bar is not a problem (some levels and curves).  I have noticed that my native footage in the same project are not playing smooth (without effects) in CC,so i've think that the clip with effects are responsable of this issue.

But i've opened a new CC project and play with native footage and effects and everything is fine. So the problems come with old projects. I've tried other two projects and i have the same result.

Bests,

Roberto

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 11:57 AM   in reply to ActionCamStudio

So the problems come with old projects.

I have seen quite a few reports of that happening.  It's one reason why the general recommendation is to finish a project in the software version you started in.

|
    Mark as:
    Jul 6, 2013 3:10 PM   in reply to Jim Simon

That's right! I've one last project to finish,but fortunately i have only to render it out. Today i have noticed that the rendering goes slow,so i've tryied to playback the timeline and i've find this strange behavior.So i've opened other two old projects,just to see if the performance issue was there...and it was! In new CC projects all is really fine.

Sorry for my bad english!

Bests,

Roberto

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points