Skip navigation
Currently Being Moderated

Bridge Keyword Issue

Jun 19, 2013 9:26 AM

I am trying to use Bridge to apply keywords to video clips. The video is quicktime format under the ProRes codec. I used bridge to batch rename a set of files from the same shoot. The keywords will apply to somewhere around 85% of the clips, but for 15% of them I get an error message stating "The file '(file name)' cannot store XMP metadata. No changes will occur." although I can't think of any actual difference between the clips it does and does not work on. Any ideas on why it does not work at times?

Replies
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2013 9:42 AM   in reply to jayatoriginal2

|
    Mark as:
  • Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2013 9:59 AM   in reply to jayatoriginal2

Video is a complex mess of formats.  Each one has its own idea of "best".  Might get more info if you post in the PremierPro forum where they specifically deal with video.

Post back if you find out anything.

|
    Mark as:
  • Omke Oudeman
    3,998 posts
    Nov 27, 2004
    Currently Being Moderated
    Jun 19, 2013 1:21 PM   in reply to jayatoriginal2

but for 15% of them I get an error message stating "The file '(file name)' cannot store XMP metadata. No changes will occur." although I can't think of any actual difference between the clips it does and does not work on. Any ideas on why it does not work at times?

No experience with video myself but if this happens to only a part of the same file type then it might be due to not waiting long enough before the task has finished.

Bridge is not good in multitasking yet and if you start applying keywords to a bunch with clicking on a view keywords to add - using checkmark or creating new keywords / sub keywords- you must stop adding new words once the activity bar starts running and wait for it to finish completely. If you do not wait and start another job a part of the earlier applied keywords will not be written to the files but the new task will take over the command.

And of course it might be related to some actions you applied earlier to the same files or if the are locked (or don't have read and write permissions).

|
    Mark as:

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Answers + Points = Status

• 10 points awarded for Correct Answers
  • 5 points awarded for Helpful Answers
  • 10,000+ points
  • 1,001-10,000 points
  • 501-1,000 points
  • 5-500 points