Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Multicam Editing in Premiere CC Issue

Jun 19, 2013 Jun 19, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded th trial version in Premiere CC and try to edit a multicam project edit about 30 min of footage saved it and close Premiere CC after reopen each cut made on timeline start with the begining of video so like i had 3 cameras and all of them start recording on diferent time i got like black image all over and sometime when i had switched to the camer x what start recording 1st is showing the image

........ any help?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 01, 2013 Jul 01, 2013

The fix for this bug has been cleared. It will be in a patch that’s nearly ready for release. I’m not at liberty to talk about when exactly the patch will go live, but it will not be until after we return from the company-wide shutdown this week. This fix not only produces correct multicam sequences but also redeems those corrupted by the bug.

I traced the issue back to the exact build when it was introduced, which dated to just weeks before the end of the cycle. It was not discovered until liter

Votes

Translate

Translate
replies 225 Replies 225
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, I'm a little lost.  I'm going to need some punctuation, capitalization and proper grammer there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not to mention what kind of footage it is, what frame rate, what operating system...

But I think that I have seen what you're seeing, if I understand you properly.

So, at each cut, what you see is not the video you expect to see, but the video from the very beginning of each camera's footage?

Has the video and sound gone out of sync as well? Do you get out of sync indicators on the timeline?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is avchd 1080 30p all 3 cameras I worked on it in cs6 for like 50 min after I opened it in cc and work till 1:20h ......couldn't check the audio like I said is starting showing the footage from beginning of the video where only one camera was recording after 5 min 2nd camera is coming up but is just for few seconds and start again from beginning...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I apologize for that I'm not a native English speaker so..... I explained my issue how I could I can do a screen capture of what premiere is showing ....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Don't worry Kraig, it's hard when you're trying to explain something in your second (or third, or fourth!) language.
A screen capture would be very good to see.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 20, 2013 Jun 20, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having this glitch/bug. It is devistating to say the least.

Adobe Premiere Pro CC (Paid subscription)

Windows 7 64-bit

24GB DDR3 RAM (Page File Disabled)

AMD Phenom II x6 1090T

3 monitors (GTX 550 Ti | 8800 GT)

Tracks are...

1080p 23.976 (MJPEG-A)

1080p 23.976 (H.264)

1080p 23.976 (H.264)

All video files, project files and auido files are coming from a project SSD that I always edit from.

After I save and reopen the project the audio and video clips reset to the beginning of the multi cam sequence at every edit. So all the edits are there... and from the looks of it they even change to the right angles that I set pior to the closing of the program.

Premiere Pro was saved and then closed. Not saved due to the closing diolog box. I already edited a rough edit of the multicam in this sequence from earlier when I made the project. It appears that the issue arised AFTER editing over the perviously edited multicam.

Let me know if I can give anymore information that could help trouble shoot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, thats the same issue I am having. Must have something to do with how the new method of Multicam sequences are handled and then saved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue to. I have been cutting a long multicam sequenece for 3 days now.

2 cameras H.264

one AVCHD all 23.98 1080p with a seperate audio source.

Everything has been working great, overall I'm enjoying the updates to the multicam editing.

Then all of sudden I start the project up and midway through, the multicam viewer shows shots from the beginning of the multicam sequence. Is there a way to trash the preview files to make premiere refresh the multicam sequence? I have tried restarting the project 3 times, it still randomly shows the beginning with 2 angles black in the middle of the sequence. I also checked...I have all angles toggled ON in the nested sequence.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I never thought that it could be some kind of cache issue. I went back to an old auto save and exported the timelines I wanted to keep as .aaf files so I could import the edits into Premiere Pro CS6. I then had to copy and past the clips into a timeline with the proper sequence settings.

This might still be an option to you. I figured adobe wouldn't fix it by the end of the week so I had to lose out on 6+ hours of work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well I found a really annoying workaround. For some reason exporting an aaf didn't work, I got a shit ton of errors.

I figured out it has something to do with the cuts. After a certian point, every cut just jumped to the very beginning. 2 of my angles are black at the very beginning because they all didn't start at the same time.

So I found the exact spot where it switched from reading the nested sequecence correctly to jumping back to the beginning. What I did was I put all the cuts from the bad spot forward up a track, then I extended the nested sequence out underneath all the cuts I had previously made. Then I mapped keyboard shortcuts to cut to each of the angles, highlighted V2, and I could see every cut and just quickly re-cut them to the correct angles in the exact same spot. It is time intensive...but better than losing a day of work....

Figure this out adobe! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do not close your app till the project is done and exported. You might not be able to import into Media Encoder either. Keep in mind the issue is now a known bug and recreateable. You may be pushing your luck by continueing to work within CC on a MultiCam sequence.

I got errors going into AAF but it imported fine. I think they were the adjustment layers and effects applied on them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Dag nabbit.  I use AVCHD so I had been waiting on an important multi cam edit (8 live songs, w/ 4-6 angles for a live music video) for a month because of CS6's issues with spanned AVCHD clips, and CS5 being not ideal for multi cam.  Now this, and a bunch of work lost... sigh.  I love Adobe overall, bugs happen in every new version of every new program.  I'm not mad or too upset with Adobe, just frustrated.  Especially after CS6 AVCHD debacle...  Ok, I'm a tiny bit mad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Convert the AVCHD files and edit in CS6. It is a pain but better than nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hate transcoding, losing quality and taking time, but I could.  Luckily this one isn't terribly time sensitive.  It has to be done by August 10th.  So I'll wait a bit longer.  If I get to the middle of July and there's no fix or workaround, I'll just buck up and transcode or edit traditionally in CS5.  I've certainly done that.  But there's so much footage for this project, it's just going to be such a pain, it's worth it to wait and just pack the work in later.  It will hopefully still save me hours in the long run.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have to go back to CS6 with you AVCHD footage, you can deal with the spanned clips issue by using a little program called MTS Merger.  It doesn't transcode, it simply joins all the separate files together into one big file.  It will then import into PPro and won't suffer the spanned clips problem.  It will take a long time to import for some reason, but works ok thereafter.  You should be able to Google for the program, but if you have trouble finding it, I should still have the download file.

Terry

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 02, 2013 Jul 02, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

MTS Merger is located here:

http://www.dvxuser.com/V6/showthread.php?161735-mts-clip-join-tool&highlight=mts+clip+join

I just tested it with a 2-part MTS file(s) from my GH2 and it worked in CS6.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Aug 18, 2015 Aug 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thought I'd chime in, even though this is an old thread.  You say you don't like Transcoding?  What OS?  On a Mac with osX.9 mavericks, I run cs6.  It has some plugs etc that I use for a multitude of lessons I'm taking in After Effects and a few other apps.  One method I've found that works well is Quicktime exports of an AVCHD file.  It's a recent development, but it works for anything up to 1080p.  If you have higher res, try simply DUPLICATING the file, which will give you a clip, and save that to another drive somewhere.  I've had that last operation give me trouble in one or two instances when I actually tried a Trim operation, but if you avoid doing this before the save, you should be okay.  It will save as a .mov, but it will be the same file.  You may have to turn on frame blending etc in your output step.  Final cut will create a proxy file that's compressed as well.  But it uses pro-res and some think reds and oranges are blown out.

Transcoding and losing quality?  Not if you simply transcode the file format tag and not the data.  This will keep the same data, process the file in minimal fashion and output a new file with almost the same data (perhaps slightly better or just a touch worse; but negligible when transcoding to an output format from your sequence).  The compression of the file MAY change slightly, but usually quicktime adds a few frames in the GOP rather than removing them.  The compression will usually be the Chroma or LUMA data after quicktime takes a run at it.  It may look a little off during editing, but you can transcode to a less compressed format and make adjustments based on that for output processing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not clear on what exactly you're seeing once this bug bites. Let's take the simplest case: two camera angles, with MC1 from 0:00 to 5:00 and MC2 from 5:01 to 10:00. Do you end up with the multicam sequence showing only content from one angle (that would be MC1 from 0:00 to 10:00)? Or does each cut revert to the beginning of that source (so MC1 from 0:00-5:00, then cutting to MC2 but showing 0:00-5:00 instead of 5:01-10:00)? [For the record, I watched Kraig444's video several times, but that didn't help. Sorry if I'm being dense ;-] Or is it something else entirely?

Is this happening in the sequence in which the multicam sequence was originally edited, or have you nested the sequence into another sequence? [Be advised that we recently found a bug that sounds similar to this: inserting a sequence containing a multicam segment into another sequence with the new Insert&Overwrite option set to "as individual clips" results in all camera angles reverting the MC1. The workaround: with multicam sequences, choose the "Insert as Nests" option.]

When you created the multicam sequence, what options did you select? What did you use as the sync point? Any audio offset? What Audio settings?

MarkDLeach: When you say "the issue [arose] AFTER editing over the previously edited multicam," do you mean that you created and edited the MC sequence; saved, closed, and reloaded the project; then did further edits on the MC sequence? If so, how exactly did you make the second editing pass? Through the Program Monitor's Multi-Camera mode? Rolling edits in the Timeline? ...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Mark. Here are some screen shots to help illustrate what is happening to me.

This first screen shot is from the very beginning of my MC timeline TC 0:00:00:00

1.png

then I'm doing my thing, cutting between angles and it looks likes this at 00:37:55:072.png

Then the very next frame/cut at 00:37:55:08, it jumps back to looking like 00:00:00:00

3.png

This bug popped up after I had cut all day, shut down and started back up. When I started the project up, this all of a sudden started to happen, so I have 45 min of edits in the cut that all look like 00:00:00:00 at the beginning of the cut.

I synced the 3 cameras and audio with pluraleyes and then hand synced a lot of it, then nested the video and enabled multicam and trashed the camera audio.

Screen Shot 2013-06-20 at 4.46.37 PM.png

I'm not inserting any other multicam shots, it is an event that I am just cutting straight through. Within the nested sequence everything is ON, and matching back to the TC in the nested sequence it looks fine, it is just within the sequence that I have been editing in where I enabled the nested sequence to be MC.

Hope that clarifies my issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks, la_diamond. That makes the issue considerably clearer to me. I haven't been able to reproduce the issue, so I must be missing some key step or element. That's not too surprising given that I'm not very well versed in the multicam feature set and its workflows. I'll call this to the attention of my colleagues who know this area inside-out and backwards.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hope this video helps. It shows how to recreate the issue. (Just noticed the compression was a bit harsh. I am uploading a higher bitrate one)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvgKRemjEuo&hd=1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, this is what is happening to me. I think you're right in that it happens if you go back and edit the multicam sequence again. If I mess up an edit, I'll often go back before the mess up and restart the recording of edits right before the mess up and continue from there. It could be this mutiple recordings that is causing the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your demo video.  Exactly what I'm experiencing and gave me some clarification on my own issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines